What's new

If I smoke in my truck?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Planning a 10 hr drive and would like to be able to burn a Robusto or two but have never smoked in my fairly new and clean truck. Will a couple of cigars leave a permanent smell or are there ways to mitigate any odors or aromas depending on your point of view

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a 10 hr drive and would like to be able to burn a Robusto or two but have never smoked in my fairly new and clean truck. Will a couple of cigars leave a permanent smell or are there ways to mitigate any odors or aromas depending on your point of view
In my experience, as long as you create positive air pressure inside the truck, smoke will go out and leave a very faint smell that could be removed with one of those odor eaters (ozium comes to mind)

The procedure is like this:

Turn on the fan or A/C at Max speed.
DO NOT RECIRCULATE the air
Crack open driver's window to allow for smoke to escape the car
Adjust the vents to maximize the speed of smoke exhaust through the window.

After smoking, open all windows and circulate for a little while then apply smoke eater when you leave the car

I've done that several times even in rental cars without any detection, so I guess it works

Good luck

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
In my experience, as long as you create positive air pressure inside the truck, smoke will go out and leave a very faint smell that could be removed with one of those odor eaters (ozium comes to mind)

The procedure is like this:

Turn on the fan or A/C at Max speed.
DO NOT RECIRCULATE the air
Crack open driver's window to allow for smoke to escape the car
Adjust the vents to maximize the speed of smoke exhaust through the window.

After smoking, open all windows and circulate for a little while then apply smoke eater when you leave the car

I've done that several times even in rental cars without any detection, so I guess it works

Good luck

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk
I second the Ozium.
Great stuff

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I’ve smoked off and on in my car for years. Air it out well for a couple days after and the smell eventually dies away, but know it will take a few days.

Open windows and good airflow are key. I prefer windows all the way down when possible.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
One small detail that helps in my vehicles, put the fan or AC on the floor, that way its not blowing smoke directly back in the vehicle. It pressurizes the cabin and the venturi effect of driving with your window cracked will suck the smoke out....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who's also been a truck driver, I get the desire to enjoy a cigar during a long drive. However, it's important to remember that smoking in your truck can leave a lingering smell that can be tough to get rid of. If you're worried about leaving a permanent odor, there are a few things you can do. First, you can try smoking in a well-ventilated area with open windows. You can also try using an air freshener or odor eliminator to help neutralize any smells. Just remember that it's always better to be safe than sorry when keeping your truck in good condition. And if you're looking for more trucking job opportunities, be sure to check out NewJobs4You. Happy trucking!

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
As someone who's also been a truck driver, I get the desire to enjoy a cigar during a long drive. However, it's important to remember that smoking in your truck can leave a lingering smell that can be tough to get rid of. If you're worried about leaving a permanent odor, there are a few things you can do. First, you can try smoking in a well-ventilated area with open windows. You can also try using an air freshener or odor eliminator to help neutralize any smells. Just remember that it's always better to be safe than sorry when keeping your truck in good condition. And if you're looking for more trucking job opportunities, be sure to check out NewJobs4You. Happy trucking!
You came back an edited your original response! Thank you sir, I've been looking for a job in the trucking industry most of my life and finally found one using the website you posted.
Your a life saver @Bibasiwull!!! How can I send lots of cash and personal information your way to thank you?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
You came back an edited your original response! Thank you sir, I've been looking for a job in the trucking industry most of my life and finally found one using the website you posted.
Your a life saver @Bibasiwull!!! How can I send lots of cash and personal information your way to thank you?
All he needs is your Social Security Number @highsierrasmokin'

He will take care of acquiring the rest on his own.