What's new

If money were no object

D

DaveC

probably a box of don candido 500's, but i would settle for a 1994 humidor....

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Legends of the Playground said:
Ha, did you notice that the cigars are all different lengths? :)
THere are so many things wrong with that box, I don't even know where to start. LOL

Someone will buy 'em though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think the more interesting question here is why you would pick the box you choose. To me, that's more interesting than several posts citing the most 'rare' or 'expensive' box around. Granted, scarcity is often a predictor of quality, but not always -- sometimes it's merely a predictor of quantity. To wit, I am privy to a very knowledgeable man's review of a Bolivar Gold Metal: "Tasted like DIRT." :mrgreen: Not something every smoker would enjoy!

Based on the fact that I sometimes favor and can certainly appreciate cigars with more subtle character and nuance, I believe opting for some Dunhills or Davis would ultimately make me very happy... but I've never smoked one so am not sure what they taste like.

What I DO know I like are aged Lanceros. Accordingly, I elect to receive some of the diplomatic production limited humidor Lanceros mentioned in MRN. I don't have the book in front of me, but dig around a little in the Cohiba section. You'll find them. They're *ahem* slightly rare and would for sure require an unlimited budget to acquire -- IF you could find them for sale!

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Girardian, i agree with ya 100%
While rare or impossible to get stuff might be nice, i'd feel better buying current stock that i know tastes great. One box of possible dirt, or five boxes of Esplendidos for the same money... i'm not a betting man... even if i was filthy rich, my luck sucks way too much for me to take chances. The "money no object" factor for me would be more aimed towards a filled walk-in or beautiful (full) cabinet humi... than some rare item.