What's new

If you need a bball fix...

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
There may not be a ton of Kentucky fans here (but if there are- howdy)....

But as a college basketball fan if you need a fix, Kentucky is playing 6 nationally televised games THiS week. Sunday Monday and Tuesday at 1pm est on espnu and Friday Saturday and Sunday on the new sec network. All games 1pm eastern time in the Bahamas against the Puerto Rican national team and pro teams from France and somewhere else.

Intriguing just to see how a college team stacks up against teams like that. And/or if you just love basketball this is your only chance until November to see some.

And you get an early look at the national champs next year- I just called it. Kentucky is always stacked these days but I hope (fingers crossed) that we are on a whole different level this year. STACKED might be an understatement. They have 4 nba quality centers on the squad (at least role players) not to mention the 4's and the backcourt.

But really just letting the bball junkies out there like me know there's something to set your dvr for this week because it will be fun to watch a good college team play those international squads.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That's pretty cool actually. Might try to watch one of em. Used to watch a lot of basketball when I was younger, and just slowly began watching it less and less. Still fun to watch, just end up doing other things when game times arrives

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Well I'll be glued to it after work every night. Don't expect kentucky to win a bunch of games- maybe 3 of the 6. It's just hard tons tack up when you're 18 and the other guys are 26-28 and have 5 years of international experience. But like clockwork if they pull out a few wins you can count on them being extremely hard to beat 8 or 9 months from now. UNC is also down there playing a couple of games but those aren't televised.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Don't you know the NFL is starting up... what's basketball??? :tonguerol

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Sounds like an audition for Cal to make the move to the NBA. Which as a gator fan I wouldn't mind at all
I never chimed back in on this... Seems like I'm too busy these days.
First- that team is unreal. If Kentucky progresses as any team should they'll be extremely hard to beat and maybe the best team in the last 10-15 years. Maybe.

Secondly- I agree. I think it's cal's last year at UK and he's going out with a bang

Speedbump

BoM June '10
Rating - 100%
537   0   0
Sounds like an audition for Cal to make the move to the NBA. Which as a gator fan I wouldn't mind at all
I never chimed back in on this... Seems like I'm too busy these days.
First- that team is unreal. If Kentucky progresses as any team should they'll be extremely hard to beat and maybe the best team in the last 10-15 years. Maybe.

Secondly- I agree. I think it's cal's last year at UK and he's going out with a bang
Is he leaves I would be prepared for sanctions, not really hating on the guy, his past just proves that sanctions will be right around the corner once he leaves

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I don't doubt that they had to do some shady things at umass and Memphis. UK is a different animal though. I'm not really worried about that but wouldn't be surprised. The things that have been out there (rumors) are so crazy they couldn't be true. I'll believe it when I see it at uk