What's new

Illusione in Reno, NV?

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Well, work currently has me in Reno, NV for a few weeks and I just stumbled across the fact that it looks like Illusione is HQ’ed here?

Anyone have any insights? Do they have a retail location? Would love to try and stop by and see what they might have in stock!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to live in Carson City, NV and went to Fumare a several times but I wasn't crazy about it. They have a huge humidor but you have to spend a minimum $ amount to smoke there which I didn't quite understand.
If you make it to Carson City there is a really nice cigar bar there called, "Carson Cigar Company". They have a ridiculously small humidor but you can bring your own cigars, the service is great as is the atmosphere, the drinks are priced well, and people are really friendly. I used to go there a lot and is one of the thinks I miss about living up there. They're in downtown Carson across from Jimmy G's, another cigar bar.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I used to live in Carson City, NV and went to Fumare a several times but I wasn't crazy about it. They have a huge humidor but you have to spend a minimum $ amount to smoke there which I didn't quite understand.
If you make it to Carson City there is a really nice cigar bar there called, "Carson Cigar Company". They have a ridiculously small humidor but you can bring your own cigars, the service is great as is the atmosphere, the drinks are priced well, and people are really friendly. I used to go there a lot and is one of the thinks I miss about living up there. They're in downtown Carson across from Jimmy G's, another cigar bar.
Is that rule still enforced in order to smoke there? Sounds a bit absurd

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
From what I was reading on Yelp, it’s $10 to use the lounge. Assuming that’s about the same as a cut fee.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All i can tell you is i have been in there more than 20 times and have never been charged for using the lounge, now it could be that i did buy quite a lot of cigars and they gave me a pass on the fee, let us know how you get on.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I was there, (Fumare) I was taking a friend to show him the place and bought a couple of cigars. I was told by the guy at the register that I needed to spend a minimum to smoke there, I'm sure others have had a different experience.
Anyway, in Reno there is also Hatuey Cigars. Not a bar and no charge for smoking there but they only sell their own brand which they roll in the DR. They usually have a nice variety of shapes, sizes, and blends, the owner is Cuban. Small cozy place with several rooms that have large screen TV's. They also have espresso. I think they have 3 locations, Reno, Texas, and NY.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anothe place in Reno, well sparks is Ruiz Cigars, Marvin the owner is also the roller of all the cigars in his quite big Humi, friendly guy and custom cigars at great prices.
https://ruizcigars.com/
That's right, I forgot about that place! He's from Nicaragua and he travels there to buy his tobacco. Nice guy, been there a few times though it was a bit out of the way for me.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Just an update - made it here yesterday after work. Lounge was empty but for 3 other guys smoking cigars, no TVs blaring and no alcohol.

Humidor was big, like, an entire wall of Illusione big. No store exclusives unfortunately, but did end up picking up some Rex and a few smaller Tatuaje Verocru No. 5 so I had some quicker budget smokes to fire up. Prices were fair, nothing like California B&Ms, that’s for sure.

Really nice guys at the lounge, good conversation, talked cigars, booze, gym, cars, and everything in between.

Highly recommend checking it out if you ever make it here, just off the corner of S. Virginia and Longley, you can’t miss it.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just an update - made it here yesterday after work. Lounge was empty but for 3 other guys smoking cigars, no TVs blaring and no alcohol.

Humidor was big, like, an entire wall of Illusione big. No store exclusives unfortunately, but did end up picking up some Rex and a few smaller Tatuaje Verocru No. 5 so I had some quicker budget smokes to fire up. Prices were fair, nothing like California B&Ms, that’s for sure.

Really nice guys at the lounge, good conversation, talked cigars, booze, gym, cars, and everything in between.

Highly recommend checking it out if you ever make it here, just off the corner of S. Virginia and Longley, you can’t miss it.
Did they charge you a fee for using the lounge?

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Fumare is an awesome place to go. We have a group in Sacramento that makes a trip to Reno every now and then just to hang out there for a day. The Rex is an awesome cigar, always keep a bundle of those.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fumare is an awesome place to go. We have a group in Sacramento that makes a trip to Reno every now and then just to hang out there for a day. The Rex is an awesome cigar, always keep a bundle of those.
The original Rex or the new version? I just ordered a 5er of the new version that was released last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk