What's new

Important items for defense

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
I’m a bit of a defense nut, and one area where I think most people fall short is with completing their kit. They get a firearm, usually some spare magazines or speed loaders, maybe a holster even, but stop there. Best system I’ve seen on equipment was taught to me by some RAF guys I met in VA doing cross training with us. They use “A” kit, “B” kit, and “C” kit. The “A” kit is what you sleep with, take to the bathroom at 3 AM, etc. bare minimum don’t get caught without. “B” kit is everything you need for battle and enough food and water for one meal. “C” kit is all the other stuff that doesn’t help the fight at all, it’s what you drop when the fighting begins.

So my “A” kit is a small handgun with one magazine (usually a Kel Tek PF-9 with +P+ Ranger ammo), one flashlight (Fenix P2D Cree Q5) and one knife(Kershaw Leek).
I have two “B” kits one in my car and one in my house. The one in the car is a better handgun(Glock 19 with laser and light mounted on it), spare magazines, great flashlight (Surefire 6P with Malkoff LED) spare batteries and bulb for Glock laser light. If we get a hurricane or some crazy event I’ll throw a shotgun in the trunk as well.

The house “B” kit is a bit crazy and starts with a level II vest, M-4, two-way radio wired to sound amplifying ears and mics, Surefire M-6 and then goes too far from there. Since I used to be a professional soldier and much of this was my go to the office gear, I can rationalize having it, but truth is, I like my toys so I’d have it all anyway.

So questions are, what do you consider the most important thing to have after a firearm (for me it’s a very bright light) and what do you keep in your kit?