What's new

In case you didn't know......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While purging a Colibri torch lighter for refilling :smt017, you do NOT continue to click the thing while putting it up to your ear to see if you can hear anymore gas coming out [-X ...................... gas is made up of very small particles :shock: and, while the lighter may SEEM to be empty when held at certain angles, there could still be a little bit in there :smt100 ..........all it takes is that little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013

I repeat: DO NOT CLICK WHILE IT IS CLOSE TO YOUR EAR!!!!!!!!!!!

and stop laughing at me! :smt098

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
apache said:
While purging a Colibri torch lighter for refilling :smt017, you do NOT continue to click the thing while putting it up to your ear to see if you can hear anymore gas coming out [-X ...................... gas is made up of very small particles :shock: and, while the lighter may SEEM to be empty when held at certain angles, there could still be a little bit in there :smt100 ..........all it takes is that little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt013

I repeat: DO NOT CLICK WHILE IT IS CLOSE TO YOUR EAR!!!!!!!!!!!

and stop laughing at me! :smt098
I don't think you're the only one on this :smt082 :smt082

The only one worse is is you're checking by smelling for the gas :smt018 Been there done that...you just hope nobody was watching :smt044 :smt044

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, no need to clip those hairs in there this month I guess, huh. :smt042

Hope you're OK

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So purging is just holding the button down to let all gas escape, right? Hell, I normally have the lighter go out on me, and that's how I know it has no gas left. Does it still need to be purged at that time?

Also, feeling stupid here, but how do you know when you've filled the stupid thing? I can never seem to figure out if it's full or not as I don't really sense any change while holding the bottle.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Purging, as I do it, is depressing the filling nozzle inside the ring where you fill the lighter until it stops hissing.

Two or three applications of the refill to the lighter should ensure it is full.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Pulse, remember I did this at the mini herf with daggo and brad, burned the tip of my ear, lesson learned :)

Ironman

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using the normal lighting method to purge it. Guess I was doing it wrong. I know mine is full because it has a window. Otherwise, I don't really know how I'd do it.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ironman said:
Pulse, remember I did this at the mini herf with daggo and brad, burned the tip of my ear, lesson learned :)

Ironman
Hehehe, I forgot! Thanks for the reminder though!!!! hehehe....fun times....hehehe

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Well I refilled my 3 torch yesterday with Lava that was given to me by Poet at an xmass herf. I got to the herf at JR's and met the usual suspects. I sat down pulled out a Monti DC EL to light up and flicked my torch. Holy shit the table near emptied as the flame shot up it seemed like 2 feet!! :smt119 Where each time I went to relight or touch up the cigar my torch kept doing this. The guys finally decided that in future I should just let one of them fill my torch for me or I might burn myself and the place up!! LOL

ehdg