What's new

In or out of the Tube?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What the heck...we did the cello thing.. :D

Couldn't pass up a couple of recent deals on tubos..

I really don't plan to age them, but, I also think it will take a couple of years to go through them if they stay in the normal rotation.

How do you store your tubed cigars?

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I leave them in the tubes but take the caps off. That way the wrapper of the cigar does not have a chance of getting damaged when taking them in and out but the humidity gets to them.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Viper139 said:
I leave them in the tubes but take the caps off. That way the wrapper of the cigar does not have a chance of getting damaged when taking them in and out but the humidity gets to them.
Same here ...

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I always leave mine in the tubes purely for protection sake. I usually take the caps off for a few days once I get them in the humi to let them acclimate to the right RH, and then put the caps back on just so I don't have to keep up with them.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I'm a 'leave it alone and sealed until I want to smoke it' kind of guy. I'll crack the seal a few days before I light up and dry box 'er for 24 hours or so before she meets her firey death. Haven't been disappointed yet with this method.

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
if it's a NC i leave it alone. Gurkha master select, for example, has a waxy-plastic covering over the cap, so it's remained sealed.

for cubans, i unscrew the cap a bit so it can breathe, and i toss it in the humi.

so far, i have'nt had a lousy tubo habano. some have been downright excellent!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I never open the tube until it's time to smoke the cigar. Keep in mind that the cigar was sealed in optimal conditions. Opening the tubes allows the flavors to leak out of the cigar. It's very difficult to differentiate a tubo and non tubo cigar of the same brand if the cigar is young. The main difference can only be seen if the cigar is aged.

In my limited experience, not one aged tubo that I kept sealed was dry or unsmokable when I first opened it. I say keep them sealed to preserve the flavor. If you open them, you're better off buying the non-tubed version to save a few bucks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I pull the caps off and let them rest in the box for 3 months and then recap them this allows the RH to get to were I like them. When I do get a box for 10+ years of aging I'll just leave them alone.