What's new

In search of the perfect cigar

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I started with a google search with the title "In search of the perfect cigar", as it appears we are all on this quest. Sometimes I wonder if we are all looking for unicorns? One thing for sure is we would likely not agree what the perfect cigar is, or even what the definition is of the perfect cigar, as much as because our taste is different, and as much as our individual idea of just what constitutes perfection.
First we must decide on the flavors we consider perfect, then we must consider the size. Soon comes the wrapper and vitola. Also what we have eaten and what we drink while smoking, personally I like coffee often with my smoke. Which opens another decision, which coffee to drink.
I recently watched a review of an aficionado smoke a $750.00 cigar, and laughed out loud, because when he finished he admitted, if it would not have been free he never would have smoked it and that he would never buy one.
So we go on and on in search of the perfect cigar, and the divisions continue, because of price, taste, availability, and many other options.
Personally, Just like motorcycles, we may never agree, but I am simply glad that you ride, and you are welcome to ride with me anytime and place, only know that we may never ride together again, but I am willing to try it once, at least! Maybe twice!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no such thing as a perfect cigar. There's no such thing as a perfect car, woman, amount of money or health. It's extremely subjective and I've learned two things.

1. You typically get what you pay for.
2. Your preferences are essentially personal.

I personally like cigars in the same manner as I enjoy food. I'm very easy to impress when hungry and very few things I won't try. From $2 sticks to $80 sticks I have found good and bad in all but try to find more good.

Also, I don't ever drink booze with my gars- call me crazy but it's a ice cold Coke Zero or creamy Nespresso I make into Cuban style coffee only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigars are a personal taste item for many.
When I was 20 years younger and the cigar boom was ablaze it was all medium to full sticks for me. These days I have two brands and a size for each I lean on and keep them stocked and will buy random stuff now and again to see if there is something that tickles my fancy.
If my two go to sticks disappear I am kinda screwed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigars are a personal taste item for many.
When I was 20 years younger and the cigar boom was ablaze it was all medium to full sticks for me. These days I have two brands and a size for each I lean on and keep them stocked and will buy random stuff now and again to see if there is something that tickles my fancy.
If my two go to sticks disappear I am kinda screwed.
Now I'm curious you have to tell us your two go-to. Lol

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd say the perfect cigar is has much to do with when and where I am smoking it. I smoked a RyJ Short Churchill at my wedding. That was the perfect cigar. I smoked a My Father camping with (of course) my father, and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked an AB Pryme with a new friend and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked a (of all things) a Camacho triple maddy at my bachelor party with my son, and guess what? That was the perfect cigar.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'd say the perfect cigar is has much to do with when and where I am smoking it. I smoked a RyJ Short Churchill at my wedding. That was the perfect cigar. I smoked a My Father camping with (of course) my father, and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked an AB Pryme with a new friend and that was the perfect cigar. I smoked a (of all things) a Camacho triple maddy at my bachelor party with my son, and guess what? That was the perfect cigar.
Yep.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
i'd have to say that the DPG blue 10th anny is pretty deserving of such a title in my opinion. I dunno about "THE" perfect cigar, but i'd say it's "A" perfect cigar

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
the pure and simple fact is that people smoke cigars for totally different reasons. so you are right the perfect cigar only exist to an indavidual. because everyone is diffrent has diffrent likes dislikes and some people clearly collect cigars for their rarity.

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I'm curious you have to tell us your two go-to. Lol

Padron londres maduro
Perdomo lot 23 maduro
Both are affordable and very consistant.
I keep a moderately healthy stock of them both.
OK I hoard them like a Crack addict.
I have been sampling the 'budget' sticks lately to see if there is anything that tickles my fancy and have found a couple decent daily sticks/yard cigars that serve that purpose well for me from famous smoke shop that I am oing to pick a few bundles up of soon.

MrZ

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right now for me it is the Tatuaje J21 with a Broadleaf wrapper. Can't get enough.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As other have mentioned, it all depends on the circumstances. - When kicking back alone at home, I might grab any number of cigars that I like. When together with my brothers and buddies, I smoke a milder stick that we can all enjoy together for 90 minutes or so. (I bring the cigars and pass them out to everyone at this annual summer event.) This group of guys aren't regular cigar smokers, though a couple of them have jumped in after experiencing our annual summer tradition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro