What's new

Interesting Cigar Fact/Story about yourself

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thought I'd start a thread to post the most interesting (or any interesting) cigar related facts or stories about yourself. Maybe you stopped at a rest area in Texas and Pepin was using the other stall. Maybe you've had the same cigar every day at 5am for the last 20 years. It really doesn't matter. I'll start:

I have smoked cigars in a restaurant as late as 2018. There is a Denny's in a more rural area near st louis that still allows smoking late at night. I went a few times to smoke it up while working or just watching netflix. I got the impression it was irritating the employees (even though I called them initially to see if they were ok with cigars), and also realized my garage was a more relaxing atmosphere than right next to multiple big groups of tweens. But it was fun taking a blast to the past 5 or 6 times.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I met the love of my life in a cigar lounge. She was watching football and we had a long conversation about guns and what we were smoking. She has a taste for all the same cigars I do, and works in administration in the oil and gas industry (same industry as mine). So cigars really, truly, have shaped my life into what it is. :giggle:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I met the love of my life in a cigar lounge. She was watching football and we had a long conversation about guns and what we were smoking. She has a taste for all the same cigars I do, and works in administration in the oil and gas industry (same industry as mine). So cigars really, truly, have shaped my life into what it is. :giggle:
Wow! What are odds? You are one lucky guy!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I don’t have anything interesting, personally but since you mentioned meeting Pepin...

Okay, I didn’t meet Pepin in a bathroom but 5-ish years ago at a My Father / Tatuaje event, I asked Pete Johnson to help with a prank and he readily agreed. He even yelled out to Janny Garcia, “Hey Janny, get over here! You gotta do something!” They both signed the note I had typed up and posed with it to prove authenticity. At one point I had my phone pointed downwards and Pete yelled out, “Hey, stop taking pictures of my junk!” Fuggin’ funny guy! :LOL:

So the backstory: One of the FOGs on CBid received a RAOK with cigars and a note from “Carlitos Fuente”. We all knew it was fake but a few weeks later when they announced the MF / Tat event, I started to think of a way to send some cigars along with a note signed by Pete. In the body of the note I mentioned that Pete and Janny had heard that he was low and wanted to send him some of their stuff to help him out. I printed up the photo and along with some htf Tat and Hawaii exclusive cigars, mailed out the box from LA while I was on a business trip a couple weeks later. Of course for the return address I used the MF Florida address.

Not sure how long it took him to figure out it was from me but I’m sure the Hawaii exclusives were dead giveaways so it probably took only a few minutes. He returned fire a few months later with some awesome htf Fuentes along with some Texas-only swag and goodies. It was totally fun!

IMG_0132.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
:LOL: great stories! my wife doesn't smoke, and it's cheaper that way. ;) she tagged along one time to a B&M and hung out with me as I smoked an entire cigar once. it was a tat black label. that was probably a one shot deal.

i missed the chance to meet pete at a b&m event in 2015. i was in the process of moving out of state when the event happened. hopefully i'll get another chance, always seemed like a great guy.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
:LOL: great stories! my wife doesn't smoke, and it's cheaper that way. ;) she tagged along one time to a B&M and hung out with me as I smoked an entire cigar once. it was a tat black label. that was probably a one shot deal.

i missed the chance to meet pete at a b&m event in 2015. i was in the process of moving out of state when the event happened. hopefully i'll get another chance, always seemed like a great guy.
I hope you get a chance to meet him. He’s been super personable at all the Hawaii events. Besides helping me with the prank, he’s poured a glass of wine for me, signed numerous boxes and laughed when I told him (...I was a little drunk at the time...), “Hey Pete, I fu*kin’ hate you! You make so many great fu*king cigars, I’m broke!” Of course I was smiling / laughing when I said that and we shook hands right after that.

This years event was, of course, cancelled due to C-19 but looking forward to seeing him next year.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to play pool. I've played in local leagues and tournaments for several years along with numerous pro-am events on the west coast. I also like to enjoy a cigar inside every chance I get. So my favorite cigar lounge is located in Vacaville, CA. It's called the Corona Club (formerly Piano Fuerte) and they had an antique 8 footer that needed new cloth but played great. Cigars and pool is a little slice of heaven in my book. I would spend a good amount of my leisure time there when I lived in the Bay Area in Cali. I hope they're still around...