What's new

Inventory software/apps

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
For those who keep an inventory of their cigars, what are you using?

I've been using the Cigar Geeks app for years now and love it.

Stores any information about your Cigars you could want, very user friendly and you can add as many humidors/tupperdoors or coolerdoors as you want.

An all around excellent app in my opinion

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I learned lotus in college a long time ago so Excel was just a natural extension. I like it because I can pull the information I want in the format I want. The other day I ordered a bunch of cigars and didn't update the quantities in the spreadsheet. Since I had already entered the date I was going to receive them I just did a conditional format of the date I was looking for and I was able to update my quantities without reading through the entire spreadsheet or the names of what I ordered. I have tabs that show me the cigars I want to reorder and a tab that shows me what I have that I haven't tried yet,

An Incredible amount of flexibility but If I wasn't familiar with the platform I wouldn't learn Excel just to track my cigars. I also have spreadsheets for a Liquor inventory and tasting notes, personalized cocktail recipes that can be searched by ingredients, household bills, investments etc.

I can print files to pdf so when I travel or visit my local liquor/cigar shop I have lists of the stuff I'm looking for and the stuff I have on my phone or tablet

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
I learned lotus in college a long time ago so Excel was just a natural extension. I like it because I can pull the information I want in the format I want. The other day I ordered a bunch of cigars and didn't update the quantities in the spreadsheet. Since I had already entered the date I was going to receive them I just did a conditional format of the date I was looking for and I was able to update my quantities without reading through the entire spreadsheet or the names of what I ordered. I have tabs that show me the cigars I want to reorder and a tab that shows me what I have that I haven't tried yet,

An Incredible amount of flexibility but If I wasn't familiar with the platform I wouldn't learn Excel just to track my cigars. I also have spreadsheets for a Liquor inventory and tasting notes, personalized cocktail recipes that can be searched by ingredients, household bills, investments etc.

I can print files to pdf so when I travel or visit my local liquor/cigar shop I have lists of the stuff I'm looking for and the stuff I have on my phone or tablet
Very nice.
Seems like it works great for yo

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now that I’ve started collecting I want to keep track of what I have (which currently isn’t much) and I am pretty decent with excel so it seems like a good option but I’m not sure exactly how to go about categorizing. Does anyone have examples or something else I can use (I have an iPhone) that would be easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use Cigar Register for the iPhone. Somewhat flexible. Has a good collection of cigar details for auto fill (especially CC). Two thumbs up.

Thank you I’ll give it a look!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Cigar Scanner on my computer and Android-OS smart phone. It's free. My one complaint is that it is now slow to transition between screens. I have over 200 entries in my journal and I think that may be the reason; originally it was very quick when I had less entries in it. I'm not eager to switch applications because of the history invested into it and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to export my data.