What's new

Ipods and downloading music

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ok so I just got one of these things for xmas from the girlie and I really like it but I'm not up for paying .99 for ea song I want to download. Can anyone recommend a good free download site that won't f-up my system with viruses or is that non existant when speaking in terms of non pay sites?

Also, has anyone noticed a drop in quality when converting .WAV format to the .MP3 using the Ipod software? I don't assume I'll have any issues but asking anyway.

Thanks for the help in advance.

A

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you plan on converting your CD's to MP3 (which is totally legal for you), I recomend CDEX MP3 Ripper.. I use it on my windows XP machine at work, has worked great. no loss of quality detected. even when you burn it back to CD.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I ended up ripping my whole CD collection about a year back to my drives so I wouldn't have to get them out anymore. I have a better speaker system on my pc anyway.

I would gladly pay the money for songs that I want if there were no strings attached. But having to register 3 computers and having them be the only 3 machines that you can listen to that particular song on... no thanks. At least that is my understanding of several of those pay for song services.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I guess I'll need to take the time and do that. My buddy just bought the unit next to me and has all my cd's at his place so when he moves in next door I'll have to grab them and do the conversion thing for a day....I just did a trade with one of the BOTL's here for a bunch of music and that will get me started big time!:smt023

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I started that way, then did it a few CD's at a time. Not the most exciting use of time, but worth it depending upon how you use the iPod. I empty the library periodically, and load manually, so my HD isn't completely filled with music