What's new

Is a cigar referenced by the wrapper country of origin or manufacturer country of origin?

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
The blend info references the country in which the tobacco is grown. Unfortunately, many times it is stated in generic terms. An example would be:
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
I wish more info would be given as to the type of tobacco used in the blend. A little more transparency would be nice as it would allow cigar geeks like us to understand the blend and and provide more insight as to why we like, or dislike, a particular cigar and the tobacco used.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
In general, it refers to where the cigar was manufactured.
For example a Herrera Esteli is a Nicaraguan cigar manufactured in Esteli, Nicaragua even though it has a wrapper from Ecuador and a binder from Honduras with Nicaraguan filler.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Mossome, I wish the manufacturer's would give more information sometimes. It definitely helps to ascertain what you like, why you like it, and hone your future cigar purchases. I think some do it to keep their blends a secret, which I also respect. Good luck trying to figure out all the 7 or so types of tobacco in the Liga Privada cigars....lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk