What's new

Is Heartfelt still around?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been considering changing from Bovedas to beads for a while now but I've held off for a variety of reasons. I'm ready to pull the trigger but the Heartfelt website looks a little...let's say dated. I went this website: http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/. The latest copyright notice is from 2011. Emails to the address on their site (questions@heartfeltindustries.com) haven't been answered and the last time the bead man user was seen here was over a year ago.

Has anyone recently done any business with Heartfelt?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered some a couple of weeks ago, responded immediately to emails. Great product, just wish shipping wasn't so high.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I ordered from them a few months ago, but most recently ordered from HCM beads and prefer them better. Both are great though. I'd recommend looking into both of them. I have HF beads in my Coolidor and like them alright and have HCM beads in my wineador and think they work just as well they just don't absorb all the stuff the HF beads can. In both I use boveda packs as well. That helps keep things very stable and I hardly ever have to change boveda packs as a result.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The beads arrived today, a day sooner than promised. Now to make the change from Bovedas. Several people mentioned that they use Bovedas with beads. With 65% beads and using that as a target rH, what % Bovedas are you using?

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The beads arrived today, a day sooner than promised. Now to make the change from Bovedas. Several people mentioned that they use Bovedas with beads. With 65% beads and using that as a target rH, what % Bovedas are you using?
If the beads are 65% then Id use 65% bovedas as well (if you are going to use boveda too... don't have too) and that works pretty solid in equalibrium with one another. For 70% beads the only option close would be the boveda 69%'s but you may need to hydrate your beads a touch more often that way and hey won't achieve equilibrium with one another, but ohh well. You got the 65%RH which is the better choice anyways. You'll like the HF beads they work real solid, same with HCM beads. Any others I don't trust quite as much even though I know there are generics out there. I just don't have as much experience with others.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread but I ordered from heartfelt last week and they shipped the order same day and it was delivered in two days. Great service.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree there shipping is outrageous, but they make a quality product. I also wish I could buy them in bulk. Also What are HCM beads?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also What are HCM beads?
Mole Sieves. Most likely the 4Å size, pre-humidified. I didn’t use their beads, but purchased some through a lab supply company for next to nothing then humidified them myself. It’s a type of clay pellet that has a specific pore size that allows for the absorption of compounds (water) smaller than 4 angstroms. Nice thing is, they balance out at around %65 RH when charged and are extremely stable. I ended replacing the green foam with them in my old Credo

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Mole Sieves. Most likely the 4Å size, pre-humidified. I didn’t use their beads, but purchased some through a lab supply company for next to nothing then humidified them myself. It’s a type of clay pellet that has a specific pore size that allows for the absorption of compounds (water) smaller than 4 angstroms. Nice thing is, they balance out at around %65 RH when charged and are extremely stable. I ended replacing the green foam with them in my old Credo
Where did you buy from...if you don't mind me asking?

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Heartfelt is the only way to go! Freaking love the stuff!
I ordered heartfelt for my wineador and they shipped same day. Company was very responsive to emails
Beware. I recently purchased a pound of their 65% beads to use in my tupperdore. After a couple of months of trying, I could never get the rh below 70%. I then put the beads in a baggie along with 2 hygrometers and both registered 70-72% every time I did the test. Using the same hygrometers, I replaced the beads with a couple of 65% bovedas and each time I redid the test after a couple of hours the hygrometers were both reading 65%. I reported all this to Heartfelt in an email and offered to return the pound of beads if they would send me actual 65% beads. No response. Sent another email. No response. Not what I would call "very responsive".

btort

Bob
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much do you need to do the job? Is it comparable to the instructions for the HCM beads?
Yes. Use the HCM instructions.

Also how did you "charge" yours to get them to 65% rh? Thanks for the help.
I kept the beads in a sealed container with a soaked sponge over a week or so until my SensorPush read ~68% RH. I figured a little extra humidity wouldn't hurt for the upcoming winter. You can also **lightly** mist the beads with distilled water. Just take things slowly. Mole Sieves will absorb liquid water so quickly that the friction will vaporize (steam) the mist and possibly damage the pores.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I too bought the 65% beads from heartfelt and mine are reading ~ 70% RH with several different hygrometers.

I have emailed David with no response as well.

My bag for the the 1lb clearly shows 65%. The instructions say they are ready to go out of the package.

That's exactly what I have done. 70%