What's new

is the stuff in boveda's toxic?

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
so, I've been having a little humidor overflow lately (a major problem, I know:rofl: ) but to cure it I put a few sticks into my travel humi with one of those boveda packs that come in the fuente boxes.

problem is I went in to grab a smoke the other night, and the boveda popped, and got a little schmutz on a few of my sticks.

id this stuff dangerous? are the sticks salvagable or should I toss them? They were some pepin sticks I was gifted which I was VERY anxious to smoke, and I really hope I don;t have to chuck these!

any help would be appreciated...thanks fellas!

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Interesting question, wish I knew the answer to this one. Another question is, why did the packet burst? I've never heard of this before. Were the cigars extremely hot, like in a car on a sunny day or something like that?

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I also have never heard of this happening, Josh. I personally wouldn't worry too much about toxicity. Was it just a little splooge that got on the smokes or quite a bit? If it was a lot, or on them for quite a while, I'd be concerned about the taste and smokability, but there's only one way to test that.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
nothing toxic, just wipe off the cigars, and smoke them. inside the pack is a mix of water, salt, and a food grade gum type of material that acts as a carrying agent. this info comes direct from Humidipak. I called to be sure.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Interesting question, wish I knew the answer to this one. Another question is, why did the packet burst? I've never heard of this before. Were the cigars extremely hot, like in a car on a sunny day or something like that?
no, i think the travel humi I had them in was a little over-stuffed, and it burst from the pressure.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
nothing toxic, just wipe off the cigars, and smoke them. inside the pack is a mix of water, salt, and a food grade gum type of material that acts as a carrying agent. this info comes direct from Humidipak. I called to be sure.
wow man...thanks for calling for me...i'll smoke one and report how it goes!:stretchgr

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I also have never heard of this happening, Josh. I personally wouldn't worry too much about toxicity. Was it just a little splooge that got on the smokes or quite a bit? If it was a lot, or on them for quite a while, I'd be concerned about the taste and smokability, but there's only one way to test that.
WTF is a splooge???:rofl: