What's new

Is This Mold?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your also saying after the oversaturated beads went in, the RH went to 70. You removed some of those wet beads and added dryer beads and the RH went to 75%? Are they the same beads or same RH pre set beads?

When saw the RH ar 70% I removed 1/4 of the beads in the Heartfelt tube. All bead were clear. I replaced the empty space w/ new unactivated dry beads that were also 65%RH and also put a shot glass 1/3 full of unactivated dry 65%RH beads.

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have responded to both your email and your PM on the other site but will do it here as well.

As has been said by others earlier in this thread you did overhydrate the beads and there was most likely distilled water in the end caps as well as the tube itself that the beads did not absorb. When you placed it in your humi it would have soaked the cedar a little. The problem is you have to let the excess moisture in the wood evaporate before you humidor will settle down again. This takes time and won't happen over night. The main thing is you have not ruined your cigars they will be fine. A short spike like this will not cause permanent damage at all.

Dry the beads out by using a blow hair dryer and put them back in to absorb the excessmoisture in the humidor.

When adding distilled water in the future add only enough to make about 70-75% of the beads clear. This will give the beads the ability to absorb spikes in the rh and keep your humidor more balanced.

Also, when you check the calibration with the Boveda test pack make sure to leave it in there for 24-48 hours, the time is needed for packet to bring the rh in the ziplock up and the hygrometer to settle down for an accurate reading. Closer to 48 hours works best.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
And that folks is why I love those heartfelt beads. They are troublefree once you figure it out and dont expect them to correct things instantly.

I have had them for a couple of years now and love them.