What's new

Issue with a BOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hello everyone. I guess I'll start off with the story and please let me know if I'm wrong and/or if there is anything I can do.

A few months back I purchased an item from the for sale section. Communication with seller was okay until I received the item. I took pictures of everything even before opening up the box as you can tell the box had seen better days. As I looked at the item, it did not look the same as the pictures posted/provided by the seller. I immediately connected the seller and submitted all the photos that I had taken. Again, felt that he wouldn't play me like this and sell me something he knew was not working at 100%. At least tell me that, and we could have worked something out if it had issues. He states it was the shipping company and I believed him. I asked him if the item had warranty/ shipping coverage, I would be willing to keep it and order the parts needed to fix it. I also added that if not, I would be more than happy to send him back his item.

At this point, he told me it would take about a month to get the money from the shipping company and then he went quiet. However, I could see he was still active on our page. I also took screenshots to show him he had been on and didn't respond to my messages. He told me his son wasn't doing/ feel so well and I get it, family comes first. I would like to add that he didn't say it was life-threatening (stomach flu or something like that) to be clear. Then he stated he would pay me the money and wait for the shipping company to pay him, but yet again he went ghost on me. Sent him a message a few days ago and once aging, I see he's active on our page but no answer.

All I'm asking is to be upfront with me. If the item already had issue tell me that. If the item was working at 100% (as he stated) make it right by fixing the problems that were caused by the shipping company or the poor shipping packaging. I would prefer not to add the brother's name, but will if an Administrator needs it. Again, if I knew there was an issue, it should be up to me to fix it, however, if you knew or shipping caused it that's why there is insurance to cover this.

Is there anything that can be done?

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Please pm me the info. It seems many haven't been adhering to the rules for selling, trading, etc. Perhaps it's time to stop that section for all until some realize the ru lik eas supply to everybody. It is something I will address with Eric. Selling, trading, splitting are privileges, not rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.