What's new

It is Tool Time In SoCal - Oh Yeah

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Just proved to myself I am not a total dweeb. My jag began losing fluids, slowly but surely. I called the dealer and was given a two week window and NOT to drive the car. Called my mechanic and he was overloaded. Well, I opened the damn hood and saw the intake hose from to the reservoir seemed to be leaking. When I checked it hose came off. The intake nipple had broked off in the hose and was apparently just barely hanging on.

Long story short. Bought a new tank. Pulled the old one out and replaced it. No leaks. I'll be nicked. It worked. This may seem simple to you mechanical types but for me...I am psyched. Time for a cigar boys.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
theres nothing better than fixing your own vehicle! i just flushed my radiator and replaced a windshield pump on my own truck. and also helped with my brother inlaws truck, the shop wanted $400 for the repair... we fixed it for $ 90 and only about 2 hours of work.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well done, Chuck! Reminded me of the newbie feeling I had the 1st time I changed oil...

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Nice job. Way to avoid the headache...and the charges from the dealer. Spend it on some cigars!