What's new

It's Official: The Most Asinine Cigar Ever Released

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
The deets: http://halfwheel.com/muestra-de-saka-unicorn-shipping/217710
Geeeeeeet the fuck outta here. $100 a cigar? Talk about a slap in the face to your customer base. This might be one of the most contrived releases I've ever seen. The goal was that he wanted to create a cigar with as much effort and expense as possible. That goal alone already seems like a stretch to me. Then he pretended like he might not release it (huge stretch to believe that, even for a second) but it seemed like a standard hype play to me. But to drop it with that price tag attached...simply ridiculous.
Aside from vintage Davidoff and Edmundo Dantes Conde 109 I can't think of many cigars that trade at $100 levels on even the secondary market. At least those cigars have a proven track record of being great. So with all that said...whos willing to put up their hundred on this release?

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'm disappointed in how his lines have gone in the past several months. Each release is a 'special exclusive' and the price has gone up each time. Based on what I was told about him, I didn't expect it to go this route. This price is just ridiculous. For that price, I better be getting a hand job with the experience.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'm disappointed in how his lines have gone in the past several months. Each release is a 'special exclusive' and the price has gone up each time. Based on what I was told about him, I didn't expect it to go this route. This price is just ridiculous. For that price, I better be getting a hand job with the experience.
I still don’t believe any non Cuban is worth over $10 as a fresh release

Excluding my father LEs annual release :)

brentp

HabanaAddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still don’t believe any non Cuban is worth over $10 as a fresh release

Excluding my father LEs annual release :)
I'm with you Chuck, I wouldn't typically pay $10 for any non-Cuban cigar. Not any MF, Davidoff, Opus or other "limited edition" hyped wad of tobacco. Sometimes i question paying over $20 for specific Havanas, but I've yet to be disappointed in any of those purchases. Just bought a couple boxes of the German release LGC Glorias at almost $30/stick, but they are still too young for me to smoke and judge.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Funny thing is there are people who will spend up to $500.00/NC Cigar because it is a Davidoff. There is a B & M in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area that regularly selling large quantities of those $500.00/Cigars.

Honestly if you have that much money to blow on smokes, I can point you to several good causes (charities) where your money would be apprericiated, and put to good work.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I'm with you Chuck, I wouldn't typically pay $10 for any non-Cuban cigar. Not any MF, Davidoff, Opus or other "limited edition" hyped wad of tobacco. Sometimes i question paying over $20 for specific Havanas, but I've yet to be disappointed in any of those purchases. Just bought a couple boxes of the German release LGC Glorias at almost $30/stick, but they are still too young for me to smoke and judge.
I smoke predominantly CC, but thoroughly enjoy Davidoff when I have the chance. The construction and consistency is unlike any other cigar available on the market imo. The price tag on those is not good for an 'every day smoke', but certainly justifiable for once in a while enjoyment.

That being said, very few regional CCs are worth their price tag either. I have smoked, purchased, and enjoyed many REs. Less than 10% (and that's probably being generous) have been worth paying more than 2x what a reg production costs. When I purchase REs, it's typically because it is an unavailable vitola from a marca I enjoy.

brentp

HabanaAddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree on the Regionals, LEs & Anejados MOST of the time. The few exceptions that I have bought multiple boxes and enjoyed are the RA Pheonicios, Edmund Dantes 109 and have a good feeling about the LGC Glorias, but again the LGCs are from 2016 so too young to test yet.

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Totally agree on the Regionals, LEs & Anejados MOST of the time. The few exceptions that I have bought multiple boxes and enjoyed are the RA Pheonicios, Edmund Dantes 109 and have a good feeling about the LGC Glorias, but again the LGCs are from 2016 so too young to test yet.
I went back and forth on buying the Glorias and the Boli Tesoros at first release. Like an idiot I didn't purchase any, and now I refuse to pay the price they are going for.