What's new

Jackson, MS Meetup

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, I know I'm new here, but I'm moving home to Jackson end of August, so I'd like to get together with fellow members in September sometime for sure. Habana smoke shop or habana's and hops in Madison, either one.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm not related. I was referring to smokingIsh.

Let us know when you're in town. I'm sure this will happen in aug/sept/oct if/when it does :thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile Device

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm not related. I was referring to smokingIsh.

Posted via Mobile Device
Sorry, that was actually a question for smokingIsh. I didn't mean are you and him related. I was asking if he and M. Ishee was related. I'll definitely let y'all know. Always good to find a local herf. Anyone know if they're still doing "Cigars under the Stars" in Jackson? I've been gone about 2.5 years.

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Funny or not so funny story: :dunno:

The original habana smoke shoppe closed down. Management & tax issues. The IRS did an auction about a month ago. Another cigar shop opened at the opposite end of the strip mall habana smoke shoppe was on. Another cigar store opened up in the old Regions building near maywood mart. Right across the road from Julep's. I haven't been to any of the new establishments yet.

Posted via Mobile Device

cholmes8310

LFD/JDN whore
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

The original habana smoke shoppe closed down. Management & tax issues. The IRS did an auction about a month ago. Another cigar shop opened at the opposite end of the strip mall habana smoke shoppe was on. Another cigar store opened up in the old Regions building near maywood mart. Right across the road from Julep's. I haven't been to any of the new establishments yet.

Posted via Mobile Device
I knew about the closing or Habana. But I was under the impression they simply reopened at the other end of that strip to have a bigger lounge? I was home over Memorial Day and went by there, and there was a sign at the original location saying something about checking out the new store at the end of the strip. Seems kinda dumb to me to reopen in the exact same spot, two doors down. :dunno:

cvm4

Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I believe they took over their member's only lounge and opened havana smoke shoppe, not habana. Like I said, tax issues forced them to shut down the other shop. From what I could gather, the management split, hence the 2 new stores in the area.

Posted via Mobile Device

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
I am not sure I know any Ishee's in the Jackson area. I lived there myself for over 5 years and I always got asked if I was related to the Ishee that teaches school at Pearl. Besides that I didnt run into any others. There are a lot of us down here, but we claim no relation to each other. I guess we were a fueding bunch back in the day lol.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Posted via Mobile Device
Wow! I didn't know that. I haven't been through Jackson since last summer. Good to know.