What's new

Jars

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Anyone have any jars? I am eyeing one or two in the long term. Does anyone smoke the cigars out of them, or do you keep them in there for collectability? I'm not a huge believer in buying smokes and never smoking them. To me, they are meant to be burnt. If they are regular production cigars, can you just replace them with a new box of smokes? Or does this affect the long term value? Or is the value solely in the jar itself? I really want to get a few to display on my bar top, my wife even likes the way they look. Especially the monticristo edmundo jar. Im eyeing the RyJ short churchill first though.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
@Lok17 , if your wife likes the way they look all other considerations are irrelevant. Buy now. Figure out what to do with the smokes later. And don't forget to show some gratitude to that wife of your for being so darn cool.
Haha, I do thank her lol. I am going to get some, not too concerned about the smokes right now. Like you said, can figure it out later. Just wondering if anyone had any experience, or knowledge about them. Figured id ask since it was on my mind :)

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Ha, as said above... buy now, and fast!

I smoke out of my jars, I'm not a "collector." I keep a small boveda inside my jar to keep good Rh.

If you had a box of 2008 CoRo and finished them off, could you put 2017 CoRo inside that 2008 box and sell them as 08's? That should answer your question about refilling and value.

The jar price is for it filled with original cigars. You can sell an empty jar for far less money, just depends how badly someone wants that jar. Usually anywhere from $50 - $250.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought a jar -- Punch Punch -- solely for smoking. The jar is cool and I will display it somewhere after it is empty. I also use a couple small Boveda packets for humidification

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
replacing the cigars from a jar with a newer box is counterfeiting, is it not ?
I do not see the value in spending the $$ for a jar full of regular tobacco, in any size.