What's new

Jason Bourne (New Bourne Identity) Trailer

JRRIII

Jake
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found out from my dad the other night that this summer (July 29) another Bourne Identity is coming out and it will have Matt Damon back as Bourne! I hope it isn't too over done, while I am really excited for it the trailer didn't seem that great, anyone got any thoughts or insights?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'd be curious to find out how much cash persuaded Damon to come out of retirement, since he'd sworn off doing any more after the third, and even refused his likeness being used in the game.

Hopefully it doesn't get as stupid as the posthumous iterations of Ludlum's books have become.

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'd be curious to find out how much cash persuaded Damon to come out of retirement, since he'd sworn off doing any more after the third, and even refused his likeness being used in the game.

Hopefully it doesn't get as stupid as the posthumous iterations of Ludlum's books have become.
I thought you couldn't read?....

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was very excited about this when I first heard about it a while back. But as you said, the trailer is a little underwhelming. Hopefully it does not ruin the series.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
From what I remember, the Bourne Identity was the first book in the series, so is this a prequel to the other movies?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
From what I remember, the Bourne Identity was the first book in the series, so is this a prequel to the other movies?
Chronologically, it might take place concurrently or slightly before the events of Legacy. I'm suspecting Eran might have just stated "new Bourne Identity" to denote the franchise.

This movie will have Bourne seeking out Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles) to try and uncover more about his past, while Tommy Lee Jones and Alicia Vikander are tasked with tracking down the man/myth/legend yet again.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Agreed but his books are excellent (and i like others as much or more than the Bourne stuff)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Agreed but his books are excellent (and i like others as much or more than the Bourne stuff)
I absolutely loved every Bourne book done by Ludlum. I was thoroughly upset that the movies used Carlos as a petty thug/hitter, rather than an intricate nemesis and foil to Bourne's character. Though it does make sense that the public wouldn't find an aging Vietnam wetworks guy as marketable as Matt Damon.

The iterations that have been written by others after Ludlum's passing are lackluster to say the least.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I absolutely loved every Bourne book done by Ludlum. I was thoroughly upset that the movies used Carlos as a petty thug/hitter, rather than an intricate nemesis and foil to Bourne's character. Though it does make sense that the public wouldn't find an aging Vietnam wetworks guy as marketable as Matt Damon.

The iterations that have been written by others after Ludlum's passing are lackluster to say the least.
Agreed and I also didn't think a young actor was the person to do the role.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

The fatal flaw in the movies is that they made Bourne a bad guy. Yes, he is working for the US government so he is a sanctioned killer, but he's still a killer and it's a one trick pony having him realize he is Jason Bourne. The book is so much more intelligent in that regard, and other than the Era having to be updated I don't know why they changed this aspect too. Maybe it would have caused the film to be too long, I don't know. The female lead was a terrible character compared to the books too. Don't know why they had to make her a useless damsel in distress type. The latter films I don't really care about in relation to the books, as due to the first film I knew they couldn't share anything with the books other than title, but the first could have been so much better.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
The fatal flaw in the movies is that they made Bourne a bad guy. Yes, he is working for the US government so he is a sanctioned killer, but he's still a killer and it's a one trick pony having him realize he is Jason Bourne. The book is so much more intelligent in that regard, and other than the Era having to be updated I don't know why they changed this aspect too. Maybe it would have caused the film to be too long, I don't know. The female lead was a terrible character compared to the books too. Don't know why they had to make her a useless damsel in distress type. The latter films I don't really care about in relation to the books, as due to the first film I knew they couldn't share anything with the books other than title, but the first could have been so much better.
Completely agree. I only read the first book when I was younger at my grand fathers urging and thought there was so much wrong with the first movie.
If you separate the fact that they share a name, the movies are great entertainment but as far as following the story....(n)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Completely agree. I only read the first book when I was younger at my grand fathers urging and thought there was so much wrong with the first movie.
If you separate the fact that they share a name, the movies are great entertainment but as far as following the story....(n)
You aren't missing much with the latter two books, they are good but neither is as good as the first in my opinion. I believe Ludlum might have written a fourth (or more possibly) shortly before he died, and then there are new stories written by other authors as mentioned by Spenny. I might be wrong though, all the more recent ones could be non-Ludlum. I haven't read any of those as I don't really make the time or have the thirst for reading as I did when I was younger, but I went through a Ludlum phase back then and probably read 12-15 of his books with The Bourne Identity being one of the two or so best in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think I read all three books between the second and third movies. I LOVED the first movie, and then I read the books and realized it was totally different. I really enjoyed the books though. I don't think I've read any after the ones actually written by Ludlum, and I haven't watched the movie that had Jeremy Renner in it. I guess I just lost interest. I'll see this one eventually though, because it's Matt Damon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk