What's new

JDN video

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
The last night in Nica we had the chance to enjoy some dinner with Juan from Joya De Nicaruagua. During that conversation we learned that Joya was the only 100% Nica owned factory all of us said they should do something (video) about the people who work for them and to my surprise Juan already had one. Maybe it's been posted before but I've never seen it so thought I'd post again.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Thanks for the vid Wicket. Fun watch. I don't recall ever smoking a JdN. I'll make sure to get some in my next order.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
The night we had dinner with Juan was great, He was on the tour with us at the JdN Factory during that day, This man has a heart of gold, and he means what he says! He was so taken back that we BOTL would come to Nica, and help build a home for the people, (Juan isn't ur typical president of a company) Joya does take care of the workers, everyone from sweeping the floor to the main roller are treat with respect and dignity......My hat goes off to JdN (y)(y)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, thank you very much for this post and for all your kind words; I'm sincerely humbled!. It is true that we are the only 100% own, operated and managed cigar factory in Estelí, without anybody in our staff holding a foreign passport :dead:. Not that being a foreign investor/business owner is bad, on the contrary, as Nicaraguan I appreciate their trust and commitment to the country. However, our case makes it a little bit easier to transmit an authentic nicaraguan message and tell true story. With respect to the video, it was shot a few years back asa tribute to the people in our factory and in Estelí who make all of this possible for us. It was also a way to bring to you guys a little testimony of the people who are all-in behind the cigars you love! The truth is that no matter the size of your factory, or the popularity of your brand, these are the people that REALLY make it happen. The rest...we are just messengers for them to the world!

Finally, I just want to thank...again! the guys from Operation Esteli. As a Nicaraguan I truly feel honored and blessed that you guys care so much and put so much in... As I requested the other night, just make sure more BOTLs join so we can make the cause bigger every time.

I will be hanging around here more often, so if you guys want to ask anything or just exchange ideas it would be great!

Thanks again to all!

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Fantastic Juan! As BOTL (cigar lovers in general) it is a welcome sight when the manufacturers of the products we consume are willing to share with us their history, their craft and the knowledge we would other wise not be privy to by reading an interview or advertisement.

Muchos gracias! Bonita!!

Joel

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ryan_with_amigos&JdN_Juan Martinez.jpg Hi Juan, great to see you here! Was a pleasure to meet you, Mario, and Ariel, and tour the factory! Great experience, and great conversation at dinner. Wicket - (Joe) and Smoqman (Joel), and Brad....stated brilliantly what I would say...more than happy to help in anyway I can. You're a real gentleman working with great folks with one heck of a rich history to share with the world! Cheers, amigo! -Ryan

Last edited: