What's new

Jericho Hill Willy Lee (6" x 54)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a 5 pack back in August for my Birthday and completely forgot about them until today. I've had them sitting at 69% rh for 4 months.

The cigar is really quite delicious looking. The wrapper is a little toothy and dry to the touch. The box press is really quite nice and the 54 ring gauge really has become a favorite of mine. Normally i go with a guillotine cut but since the cap is quite square so i decide to go with a punch to prevent any cap damage. The draw is perfect with just one punch cut but i decided to punch it again just to be on the safe side.

Right off the bat it starts off with a rich earth with lots of spice. The body and strength are at a low medium and each puff gives off large plumes of smoke. Jericho hills Willy lee (1).jpg The smoke is dry but interestingly enough its really quite meaty at the same time. The flavor and body both continue to build and develop. The earth and spice are joined by dried fruit, a nice woody coffee and with hints of dark chocolate, leather, and some sweetness. The smoke is dry but meaty. The cigar is very smooth and the overall flavor is moderately complex.
Jericho hills Willy lee (2).jpg
The burn is a little wavy but the cigar only required one touch up at the beginning, after that the burn behaved. The ash held on easily for 1 and a half inches but i never tested it past that point since i hate wearing ash.
Jericho hills Willy lee (3).jpg
After about an hour of smoking the nicotine really makes its presents known but surprisingly it never becomes overwhelming. It teases you with the strength at times coming to the foreground but it always receded back to a more manageable level before it became a problem. The body maxed out high medium (borderline full) but the strength was a little more variable with it teasing at full strength before dropping back to where you barely notice it.

Interestingly enough the band loosens up for no reason at all and i slide it off easily.Jericho hills Willy lee (4).jpg
After an hour and a half, the flavors become a bit muddled but still very enjoyable. The spice makes a total exit and i'm left with deep earth, coffee, leather, with just hints of dark chocolate and some sweetness. The smoke remains dry but meaty and the finish is clean but moderately long. The body is medium full while the strength fluctuates between medium and high.
Jericho hills Willy lee (5).jpg
I toss the nub after 1 hour and 45 minutes due to the smoke become a little too hot for my taste. Overall i found this cigar to be excellent and highly reminiscent of the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor. The only difference between the two cigars being that i find the LADC Mi Amor to have more of a cocoa flavor while the Jericho Hill had more of a dark chocolate flavor.