What's new

Jerky and the Process

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hello Brothers,

I grew up making jerky with a friend of mine and we used to enjoy the process but life gets in the way and ppl change. Enough of the sad story here.

I came into the possession of a smoker yesterday and have planned a weekend of jerky making fun. The question I have is how the process should be undertaken. Marinade and brine.

If brothers could lend a helping hand it would be much appreciated.

JM

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
For some reason I was expecting a thread about what kind jerky Nick Saban would like. Sometimes, things really are as they appear.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
My neighbor actually makes a lot of jerky and sells some too to friends, he is a butcher by trade. But, I'm not sure of his process. If you want, let me know what specific questions you have and I can get his answers.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Honestly I freeze London broil cut it into extremely thin strips salt/marinade for 2 or three days than dehydrate. I don't use pink salt but I do refrigerate.. I've had it left out and about two weeks in the fridge without getting sick nor does the small piece of fat get rancid. In my house it never lasts more than a couple days though.