What's new

JLP Petit Caballeros

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Anyone have any experience with the Jose L. Piedra Petit Caballeros?

What did you think of them as a cheap and cheerful?

Not expecting them to be complex or great, but I do enjoy some of the other JLP's for decent smokes for the price

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Just smoked one last night, actually, and enjoyed it (EBO NOV 20). No, it's not anything special or superior to a HUpmann Connie 1 or PSD4, but I found it enjoyable. A bit sweetness and a bit of cocoa with a surprisingly clean finish.

I have only had maybe 4-5 of other JLP in the past (conservas and brevas) and this blew those out of the water. Also construction was absolutely perfect, the ash held on for about 1.5 inches before I'd knock it off. And the burn line was razor sharp til the nub.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just smoked one last night, actually, and enjoyed it (EBO NOV 20). No, it's not anything special or superior to a HUpmann Connie 1 or PSD4, but I found it enjoyable. A bit sweetness and a bit of cocoa with a surprisingly clean finish.

I have only had maybe 4-5 of other JLP in the past (conservas and brevas) and this blew those out of the water. Also construction was absolutely perfect, the ash held on for about 1.5 inches before I'd knock it off. And the burn line was razor sharp til the nub.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Nice, thanks for your input.

Certainly dont expect them to rival anything by H. Upmann or Partagas, but I find the Cazadores enjoyable enough for the price and am planning to pick up a box of them next month at $2.60ea for a 25ct box.

Last edited:

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
above average Piedra.

well made and tasty.

some very good tobacco scraps in these cigars.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
above average Piedra.

well made and tasty.

some very good tobacco scraps in these cigars.
Thanks for the opinion.

Not getting a lot of responses on these, but I expected that since they are JLP's which dont seem to get much love, and they are the priciest JLP's out there by about double.

The responses I am getting are pretty favorable compared to other JLP's, which I would hope so for the price for a low end marca.

Think I'm going to just stick with the tried and true Cazadores at $2.60 ea in a 25ct box. I find them enjoyable enough to be a staple cheap and cheerful.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I passed these around last week at our usual get together.

Eight people smoked one, and seven said they would buy them.

Mine was a little tight, I had to adjust it. Very nice then.

I don't buy Piedra for regular smokes, they are knockaround sticks..........

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I passed these around last week at our usual get together.

Eight people smoked one, and seven said they would buy them.

Mine was a little tight, I had to adjust it. Very nice then.

Good to know and quite interesting. Thanks

I don't buy a lot of them either, mainly get them to have something i don't mind not focusing on while I do other things.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my experience with most Piedra and Quinteros. They’re great for handing to inexperienced smokers to enjoy a CC without watching them waste an expensive stick, and I’ve never had one so bad I would refuse to try it again.

I may be the odd man out here but even though they are not something I’d commit to full-time, I even enjoyed the breves and which most people rag on.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my experience with most Piedra and Quinteros. They’re great for handing to inexperienced smokers to enjoy a CC without watching them waste an expensive stick, and I’ve never had one so bad I would refuse to try it again.

I may be the odd man out here but even though they are not something I’d commit to full-time, I even enjoyed the breves and which most people rag on.
I just bought a box of the Brevas a few months ago as small, cold weather sticks to add more variety to the PC's I bought for the same thing.

I also think that while very one dimensional and simply tasting like tobacco, the JLP Cazadores and Quintero Favoritos are just fine for the price occasionally

Also, was gifted a nearly full carton (only 2 missing) of 2003 JLP Cazadores and they are great. WAY better than young ones by far. Was very surprised by how much an el cheapo improved with age.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Last edited: