What's new

Juan Lopez Appreciation Thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was recently on a trip overseas and picked up a serious Juan Lopez addiction. Before that trip, I think I’d had a few JL but they weren’t especially memorable. I picked up a Seleccion No. 1 on the spur of the moment while looking for something different and was really surprised. Later on, I bought a fistful of JL PC and they became my standard, go to mid-afternoon smoke for the balance of the trip. They are a nice medium-bodied smoke with earthy, coffee overtones. I’m already pricing boxes for my next purchase. Any other thoughts about the line…especially the Patricias and Coronas since those were not available at my preferred overseas shop.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
JLs are always excellent, young or old.

If you find some PCs with some age please let me know.

'02 Patricias may be available from our HK friend.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I've seen those Patricias from HK. I hate to buy a box without at least trying one first. But they are small and (relatively) cheap so I wouldn't be out much if I skate on the box. Anyone with Patricia experience?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have had several boxes of jlo patricias...one was '97 and very bland/tasteless i dont think they were stored properly(smoked the box in '03).
had a few boxes that were young(er) and was quite impressed.
imo they are on a par with sigI when i rate "cigars that are good when smoked young"(please dont think i am comparing flavour/strength or anything else).
strength is medium...flavour is just above medium.

derrek

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
never had any JL, in fact this is the only brand I have not tried. I have been debating wether to buy some or not, looks like I should.

Coppertop

Hi Ya Fellas
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
JL is one of my "go to" lines, along with Partagas and HdM. I have had the #1,#2 and PCs. All of them have been spectacular. My favorite is the #2. Probably my favorite Robusto, for the simple reason it ages well and smokes great young (if you so desire). I will be getting a box of #1 and #2 here in a few days. The #2 will be for smoking after I am done with my other box I'm smoking now. I have about 80 or so aging....and looking at getting another CAB. So, as you can tell I simply love the JL#2.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
If you find some PCs with some age please let me know.
i JUST finished off a box from '99... some were awesome, some were hit/miss, but i figure that's due to it being from '99.

one of my favorite lines, just had a Seleccion #1 last night.