What's new

Juan Lopez Patricia!

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sad to say it let me down. I had started to write about it in my journal and then I ran into a snag. This guy was plugged, and plugged tight. It smelled wonderful from the foot, and as I felt it, it was very firm and uniform. The wrapper was slightly veinous, and quite silky. I compliment the roller for the right idea of trying to get the most tobacco in the smallest space, but this was a little too extreme.

The second I clipped it, and tried to suckle the prelight nectar, it hit me. The firmness that I had felt earlier was an indicator that this cigar was a little overstuffed. It was almost impossible to draw. Tail tucked between my legs, I decided to let it rest out of the humidor for an hour or so. This helped a little, but not enough.

I fired it up and all I got was a measly amount of cuban flavor and sweetness. The plug was robbing all my tasty tars. I had enough. I squeezed the cigar to find the plug and actually discovered that it was all the way from the head to about 1 1/4 inches in. crap. I took my cutter and took off 1/4 inch sections at a time until it became bearable.

Only then did some of the true flavor shine through. Very nutty and sweet, little to no spice, but it was a 'full smoke.' It was the kind of smoke where you know it's in your mouth. It also left a wonderful cocoa and nutty aftertaste.

I smoked it to the nub, but I'm thankful Todd sent another one of these for me to try out. I'm going to assume this next one didn't suffer the same rolling fate. ;)

If it wasn't plugged, I'm sure this smoke would have been great. :thumbsup:

~Eric

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very firm, I woulndn't say tight. I've run into quite a few stogies that felt even firmer than this, and they smoked wonderfully. After lighting it up and the cigar became a bit more supple from the warmth, I could defenitely tell where the plugged section was.

As soon as the shipment from Todd gets a lil rest time, I'm going to post another review on it.

~Eric