What's new

Jumping in questions.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, I didn’t see a getting started sticky so if I am missing anything obvious or need to be pointed to an existing thread I will not get offended.

Years ago when I lived in a warmer and more humid climate I wanted to start growing my own tobacco and rolling cigars, but was quickly discouraged by the info I could find online. Now that I have found this forum and see a couple starter kit options I have decided to go for it.

I have the LeafOnly starter kit and a chaveta in my cart. My limited internet research tells me that it’s enough to get me started but that I will quickly need to upgrade molds and buy more leaf if I enjoy the process. Do you guys recommend anything else as mandatory for a newcomer? Does it matter which chaveta (modern or classic)? Is there another shop where I should get my initial kit?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Whole Leaf Tobacco is another popular source...
Some folks start with a pizza cutter rather than buying a chaveta right away. Or an ulu knife. There are some crafting wheel cutters that can be used as well.
I've used straps of paper as a molding tool too. There are a lot of videos available to review too.