What's new

June's Tobacco Order (2019)

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, tonight I've sent off my order for new pipe tobacco, and am curious what are my BotLs ordering and smoking.
  1. 4noggins - Bald Headed Teacher (4 oz.): I heard this is a good one. I think it's an English blend. It received a lot of good reviews on TobaccoReviews.com.
  2. Pipes and Cigars - 4th Generation Family Reserve (3.5 oz.): Originally this was offered as a "free shipping if you buy this" and I did hear a lot of folk say that it's good, so I kept it even though P&C is now offering free shipping for orders over $50.
  3. Pipes and Cigars - Lane Limited 1-Q (4 oz.): I don't know much about this one, but I did notice that a lot of folk really liked it. So, I'll give it a try.
  4. Pipes and Cigars - Cornell & Deihl Epiphany (4 oz.): I read somewhere that this was relatively close (?) to what Albert Einstein smoked, so I thought it would be fun to try it.
  5. Pipes and Cigars - Hearth & Home Daybreak (2 oz.): I really like this one. I enjoy grabbing a cup of coffee and sitting out on my front porch in the morning with this one. I consider myself a ritualist and this one is fun!
  6. Pipes and Cigars - Sutliff Black Cordial (4 oz.) I have been smoking Paladin Black Cherry, but would like to find a better quality. I had plans to purchase Lane's Very Cherry (?), but it ran out. So, I am trying this one.
  7. Pipes and Cigars - Lane Limited Black Raspberry (4 oz.): I really really love Ole Shenandoah Appalachian Berry (aka Summer Berry Brandy), but this critter is over $8.00 for less than 2 ounces. Would LOVE to find the same (or something similar) for a cheaper price!

There are others that I really wanted to order, but my book keeper was already screaming at me. Here are some of the ones that almost made the list:
  1. The Country Squire's Middle Earth series of tobaccos. There are six blends of pipe tobacco that The Country Squire sells: 3 are aromatic and 3 are non-aromatic. I really wanted to try them, because I am a huge Tolkien buff! Anyone familiar with these?
  2. Hearth & Home Caramel Apple Pie - I am becoming a fan of H&H blends, and I am super stoked on finding an apple aromatic. When I saw this one, I really wanted to get some. I guess I need to save some blends for July.
  3. Lane Limited Very Cherry - I read somewhere (TobaccoReviews.com?) that this one was the very best cherry flavored tobacco. It was out of stock by the time I could order it. :'(
  4. 4noggins.com Hobbit Weed - Once again, I'm a Tolkien fan-boy.
  5. Lane BCA - Also heard that this one is really good, but had to take it off due to budget constraints.
Any thoughts or comments?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you are just starting out try some of the stokkebys blends. I mainly stick to strait Virginia's and English from him. Try English Oriental, it's a good Light English. Bulls eye flake or navy flake cuz flakes are nice. Besides you can't do better for that price!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There are others that I really wanted to order, but my book keeper was already screaming at me. Here are some of the ones that almost made t
  1. The Country Squire's Middle Earth series of tobaccos. There are six blends of pipe tobacco that The Country Squire sells: 3 are aromatic and 3 are non-aromatic. I really wanted to try them, because I am a huge Tolkien buff! Anyone familiar with these?
  2. Hearth & Home Caramel Apple Pie - I am becoming a fan of H&H blends, and I am super stoked on finding an apple aromatic. When I saw this one, I really wanted to get some. I guess I need to save some blends for July.
  3. Lane Limited Very Cherry - I read somewhere (TobaccoReviews.com?) that this one was the very best cherry flavored tobacco. It was out of stock by the time I could order it. :'(
  4. 4noggins.com Hobbit Weed - Once again, I'm a Tolkien fan-boy.
  5. Lane BCA - Also heard that this one is really good, but had to take it off due to budget constraints.
Any thoughts or comments?
If you shoot me a pm with your address i can send some samples of some Country Squire blends

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are just starting out try some of the stokkebys blends. I mainly stick to strait Virginia's and English from him. Try English Oriental, it's a good Light English. Bulls eye flake or navy flake cuz flakes are nice. Besides you can't do better for that price!
I read somewhere online that Peter Stokkebye's English Luxury blend and Peaches and Cream blend were wonderful.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
English luxury is good, very latakia forward. I have been through a lot of lat blends and this wasn't my favorite. I ended up adding straight Virginia to it (stokkebys 701 I think). As for the aromatic I don't really smoke them.