What's new

Just curious, do you drink the same thing more often then not?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was wondering if you find yourself drinking pretty much the same thing most of the time? If you like something and it's readily available is it your drink of choice or are you constantly rotating between a variety of libations?

I like Rye with the Maduros I smoke and since I can get Sazerac Rye and Templeton Rye at the local Sams "cheap" I tend to drink them most of the time. I do explore, especially Rums but when I sit down to have a drink and a cigar I'm normally drinking what I drank yesterday.

How about your drinking patterns?

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Great question. I always try to keep a bottle of Glenlivet 12 and a bottle of Corralejo Reposado or Don Julio Anejo on hand... I rotate between those primarily, but mix things up with a gin martini, or a fancier scotch, or fancier tequila depending on the weather, who's smoking with me, or if it's a special occasion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Either Cuba libres, margaritas or crown royal cocktails.

Nothing straight tho, bourbon and whiskey straight is horrible regardless of how long that shit sits in barrels.

JFiz

What the shit man
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm a bourbon and scotch man. Although I have been stuck on whiskey sours for the last couple months lol. I have had a few white russians thrown in after dinner before the sours. Tonight has been a, white russian, now having a sour, next I think I'll have some rum on a rock :)

So to answer the question, I am a creature of sometimes changing habits ;)

John

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I try and mix it up with my bourbons and whiskeys. I will reach for the high proof stuff if my day calls for it, or I'm smoking something full-bodied though. I do have a few favorites that I hoard. I really need to start knocking out some bottles though, as my collection is much larger than is probably healthy.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Various whisk(e)y, heavily weighted towards bourbon. Try to rotate and try new things, but usually have Eagle Rare and/or 4 Roses SB on hand. Bang for buck they're hard to beat for me.
Love Rye, but always go back to Bulleit. I can get it dirt cheap, and it's good enough, so I rarely get others.

Last edited:

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Miller high life light and wild turkey 101. Sometimes in the same glass.
This sounds like the northern version of the "gringo-rita":

Two shots of José Cuervo in 12oz of the Mexican pilsner of your choice.

They say you are supposed to put margarita mix in there somewhere, but I don't have time for that nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Nothing straight tho, bourbon and whiskey straight is horrible regardless of how long that shit sits in barrels
Miller high life light and wild turkey 101. Sometimes in the same glass.
Two shots of José Cuervo in 12oz of the Mexican pilsner of your choice.
Firm believer in the "smoke what you like" philosophy.
Always extended that to drinking as well. But you guys... :sorry:
This thread is making baby Jesus cry.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'll always gravitate towards Scotch, Bourbon or Whiskey with cigars. The brands change depending on what I'm smoking, what time of day it is, who is smoking with me, what I just ate, and what kind of day it was overall.

...kind of like cigars. What I smoke depends on so many of the same things.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ib short, my answer would be no, i do not always reach for the same thing.
I am a whiskey/bourbon guy though. Usually some type of whiskey mixed when i do grab one or when we have company. That would be jack and coke/dr pepper, or 7 and 7 or sometimes i will hit the crown with above. Yes, i said it too!
Can not forget about rum and rootbeer (@bwhite220 ) can vouche for that one.