What's new

Just Discovered HBO GO

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just discovered that HBO GO has all of the episodes of all their great shows that I have never seen but have always wanted to (The Wire, Oz, Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Pacific, Game of Thrones, and The Sopranos.) Not including Sopranos, because I have plans to watch that with a buddy, which of the shows listed should I make a priority to watch and why?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
The Wire is one of, if not the, greatest shows of all time.
+1

I just discovered that HBO GO has all of the episodes of all their great shows that I have never seen but have always wanted to (The Wire, Oz, Band of Brothers, Deadwood, The Pacific, Game of Thrones, and The Sopranos.) Not including Sopranos, because I have plans to watch that with a buddy, which of the shows listed should I make a priority to watch and why?
I've seen all the series you listed except for deadwood and the pacific (on my todo list one of these days) and I can say that you will not go wrong with any of the other shows.

My recommendation is to hold off on game of thrones because by the time you get around to it there will be another season for you to watch which means not having to wait after season finale cliff hangers.

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was leaning towards The Wire. But didn't know if I was missing something else. There is also Entourage which I plan on watching at some point too. I have seen the first Season a while back. Looks like I have some work to do! Good thing I have plenty of cigars! :clap:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My recommendation is to hold off on game of thrones because by the time you get around to it there will be another season for you to watch which means not having to wait after season finale cliff hangers.
I am constantly behind on shows and it provides for a great opportunity to just watch it all the way through. The disappointment comes once I finish the series and it is a few months from starting up again. My suggestion: just have too much to keep up with and eventually when you '' finish'' there will be something new to catch up on.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I may have go find a friend that will share his login info with me. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3 while getting a blumpkin!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I really like HBO GO, its such a great app to have on the tablets.

The Wire is great, one of my favorite shows.It should be the blueprint for all other cop shows. 5 seasons, 5 different outlooks on the drug/political/cop/corruption game.

Deadwood is a masterpiece IMO. Amazing charater acting, some of the best I have ever seen. It really is a shame it only went 3 seaons. I read it was because it cost way too much to produce.

Tried getting into OZ but couldn't, just didn't hold my interest I guess.

Game Of Thrones is great too, so many storylines to follow. I would also say to hold off on this one, season 3 should be starting soon.

Last edited:

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have watched the first season of Eastbound and Down and it wasn't my cup of tea. I can see why it is popular but it just didn't do it for me for some reason.

I will have to check out Carnivale though. What is that about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some great shows that I try and keep up with and there are some great torrent sites that host just about every show mentioned....I don't worry about adware or viruses at all and have been safe in watching these shows on my laptop for the last 5 years. I always clean my laptop weekly....if it gets a little sluggish I have a date that I go back to when my computer was at 100% (restore) and this being on a laptop that is 7 years old....works like brand new and just as fast.