What's new

Just picked up this box - anyone see a box code like this before?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They put revisado on the añejados cigars. They’re supposed to be older cigars and when they release them in later years as part of the aged program they put the revised stamp on the box.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Im bored at work and googled it. Found this. http://www.habanos.com/en/noticias/h-upmann-robustos-anejados/

From the link.
" These Habanos are presented in labelled boxes, with double ring, external stick with the legend “Añejados” and with a vitolina describing the concept. On the bottom of the box the date when the Habanos were made can be verified. “Revisado” (Checked)is also stamped on the bottom of the box, since 100% of the boxes have been opened and all the cigars have been checked one by one.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
www.cubancigarwebsite.com
hang on to this, all your questions will be answered here.
and,questions you don't even have yet !!
Some of us find the Anejado program to have a false feel to it.
Some of the offerings go back to 2008,and yet not one hint, whisper, or mention of these ever got out.
And,you will see from checking out the CCW, the bands do not match those in use at the time.
enjoy your box .................

by the way,those were sourced in Cuba,they need to be frozen.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
www.cubancigarwebsite.com
hang on to this, all your questions will be answered here.
and,questions you don't even have yet !!
Some of us find the Anejado program to have a false feel to it.
Some of the offerings go back to 2008,and yet not one hint, whisper, or mention of these ever got out.
And,you will see from checking out the CCW, the bands do not match those in use at the time.
enjoy your box .................

by the way,those were sourced in Cuba,they need to be frozen.
So that website shows this cigar with standard band c, which is what is on these cigars. The verification code checks out. Why would you say it has a false feel? I have smoked these and the partagas and find they taste pretty good.

If I am storing these at 60F, would it still be safer to freeze? Without naming any specific vendor, it is my understanding that Swiss vendors are required to freeze. Is this false?

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Im too newb to have smomed any Anejo, i have one, but im scared to smoke it. I have found that Monte is by far my favorite marka.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It simply means the cigars were re-inspected for release after being stored wherever. They used to do this years ago when they would store questionable quality production instead of destroying the cigars only to re-inspect and release years later. I assume this is one of the reasons why Chuck is suspect of the Anejado program. Frankly I am too, but the Partagas release is pretty good, yet not really worth the premium IMHO.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I wouldn’t have any concerns about “inconsistent” bands @pharmgator. According to the Habanos.com website.......“Habanos Añejados are commercialized in their original boxes, which remained unlabeled during the entire ageing process and that have been dressed with the corresponding labelling of each brand to be introduced to the market.”

In other words, if I am reading this correctly, they are aged without bands and then labeled at time of release.

As far as freezing, it is my understanding that all cigars exported from Cuba over the last couple are now being frozen. Where you really need to be concerned is if you acquire a farm or custom roll from the island that is not coming from the Habanos organization. Personally I do not think you would have any beetle issues if you are storing at 60* but there are many here who freeze as an extra measure of safety though and IMHO it certainly wouldn’t hurt to do so.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
So that website shows this cigar with standard band c, which is what is on these cigars. The verification code checks out. Why would you say it has a false feel? I have smoked these and the partagas and find they taste pretty good.

If I am storing these at 60F, would it still be safer to freeze? Without naming any specific vendor, it is my understanding that Swiss vendors are required to freeze. Is this false?
It seems like a lot of the guys with experience just don't feel like most of the anejedos taste like they were made and aged as long ago as Habanos claims.
Maybe that's because they're fudging a little with the age, or rolled later from tobacco that was supposedly that age, or just including "some" tobacco that was that aged, or maybe cause they weren't great batches at the time and it's taking longer than it should for them to achieve greatness. Who knows.

@Master Shake have you blessed us yet with your informed opinion on the subject?

Last edited:

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
It simply means the cigars were re-inspected for release after being stored wherever. They used to do this years ago when they would store questionable quality production instead of destroying the cigars only to re-inspect and release years later. I assume this is one of the reasons why Chuck is suspect of the Anejado program. Frankly I am too, but the Partagas release is pretty good, yet not really worth the premium IMHO.
Good marketing scheme for that quick offload a few years ago.

But i didnt fancy it at all

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
But in your opinion the MC are the bedt of the lot? I hear the Hoyo are absolute trash, but have never tried one honestly.
I just don’t believe the story behind the “aged” release

I call bs on it all

But yeah, I tried all of them and I think Partagas and hoyo tied for the worst

The Monte was nice tho