What's new

Just wanted to say Hello to all my fellow cigar smokers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say Hi from Massachusetts. I having been smoking cigars since the 1980's about 40 years. I enjoy a medium to full bodied cigar and have smoked all types of cigars over the years including Cubans. I enjoyed the Partagas Series D No. 4 and the Cohiba Siglo VI. I am not a cigar snob as I think (my opinion) that cigars from the Dominican, Nicaragua, Honduras are as good or better than Cuban cigars. My current go to cigar is the Oliva V Melanio Maduro. I store my cigars in a NewAir humidor and have been having some difficulties with temperature drop in my NewAir to approx.58-59 degrees even though the room temperature is 66-68 degrees. I was trying to analyze and correct the problem which led me to this site.

I am retired and have been married 41 years and have three adult children. My wife and I are very active in the outdoors enjoying hiking, backpacking, bicycling, fresh and salt water fishing and we have decided to attempt our hand at fly fishing.

Look forward to exploring this site:
Boston Bruins Fan

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Welcome.
I ended up just unplugging my wineadors (I have three). My house is pretty stable temp wise and the wineadors' cooling always wreaked havoc on the temps and rh. So I just use them as really fancy-looking humidors now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.
I ended up just unplugging my wineadors (I have three). My house is pretty stable temp wise and the wineadors' cooling always wreaked havoc on the temps and rh. So I just use them as really fancy-looking humidors now.
thanks, I thought of doing that, never had that problem before

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Might be that the control board is malfunctioning. Those wine coolers are not well made and notoriously unreliable. An alternate option would be to get an electronic temp controller - you can set it to run within 2* of set point, set time delays so it's not running all the time. That would prevent it from running the temp down and wreaking havoc on your sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought of doing that, but if you plug the newair into the ETC, it shuts the power off to the entire unit which then defaults the temp. to 56* unless the ETC over rides the default setting. I am researching this now. If you have any other suggestions, please send them along.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
The ETC will use its own temp sensor to give or cut power to the wine cooler.

Say you set the ETC to 65* with a 2* buffer. The ETC will give send power to the unit when it measures the internal temp at 67*. The wine cooler will turn on and try to get the temp down to the default of 56*, but as soon as the temp gets to 65*, the ETC will cut power to the unit, shutting it off again.