What's new

Kentucky Bourbon Test

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
No, not a rookie mistake. That's one of those hot button topics that can lead to heated debate. There is a legal answer, but enough gray area to leave room for varying (and strongly held) opposing opinions.
I appreciate it, but I am a rookie regardless. The great part is I have learned a lot this year from you and a few others in this thread, thank you (all) so much!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The shop keepers I speak to say that aged Tequila is the next big thing. I hope some of the bourbon drinkers start drinking Tequila, maybe make it easier to find some of the unicorns. Peerless' first in house bourbon release sold out in less then a day at the distillery. The line stretched out the door and down the street.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
After looking at that list a bit longer, there are a number that are not bourbon. Red Stag is bourbon, but had cherry flavor added, disqualifying it from being a bourbon. Kentucky Gentleman is a blended whiskey (51% bourbon, 49% neutral grain spirits), Early Times was an American whiskey until they released the BiB version a year or so ago (prior, not all of it was aged in new oak barrels), Ten High was a bourbon prior to 2009 but is now a blended...

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The shop keepers I speak to say that aged Tequila is the next big thing. I hope some of the bourbon drinkers start drinking Tequila, maybe make it easier to find some of the unicorns.
Rum is the next one as far as I can tell. In Europe, its prices just as crazy as bourbon, scotch, etc.

Peerless' first in house bourbon release sold out in less then a day at the distillery. The line stretched out the door and down the street.
Damn, and that's just plain dumb... The product finally turned 4 years. That's still pretty young for me... I think they were $90...