What's new

Kristoff Pistoff

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kristoff Pistoff
660 (Gordo) 6.0"x60

20181207_004800.jpg
20181207_010827.jpg

Prelight:
Dark oily wrapped, mean looking red and black band. Aethestically it is understandable why this is called the Pistoff. Firm cigar with minimal give. This has been in my boveda humidified tupper for about a month and a half at 69%. Went with a v cut as my guillotine is acting up. Overall smooth wrapped with the cap pig tail and the shaggy style foot that is Kristoff. Toasted to cherry red with indirect heat, one exhale through, off to the races.

First Third:
In the first third of this mean looking s.o.b. I found initially a leather type flavor as the little shaggy bit smoldered away. Once the whole cigar was cooking I found myself with the earthy, nutty taste of pecans on draw, between draws I was left with that same nuttiness but it then presented just a slight hint of sweetness at the back of my tongue. Razor sharp burn so far.

Second Third:
Still smoking razor sharp with a consistent pecan nuttiness. I am starting to pick up a hint of warming spice type spice on my soft palate between draws. I found through this section occasionally finding a flavor that is similar to a dark chocolate cordial cherry, but only on the finish, not on the inhaled smoke.

Final Third:
As I transitioned into the final third I found myself finding notes of cedar and spice. Neither of which became overwhelming by any means. This had a very solid construction, super clean burn all the way down, was able to build up a solid chimney of ash when I wanted to.

Overall not my favorite Kristoff, that title still belongs to the Cameroon, this Pistoff is definitely something I would buy a 5er though anytime. Total smoke time on this big boy was 1hr 35min. This is definitely a full bodied cigar that I will smoke again in the future.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0