What's new

La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso (5 1/2 x 54) Aged 13 months

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed several of these when i first got them and i was surprised that i still had one left after all this time. I found the 1-4 month old La Aroma's to be smooth, woody, peppery, with strong hints of earth and cocoa.

I've had this cigar sitting at the bottom of my 50 count humidor that i keep at ~70 Rh and 64-68 degrees Fahrenheit for slightly more than 13 months. Interestingly enough i must have planned to smoke this one back in the day because the cap was already precut. For the life of me i cannot remember what caused me postpone smoking it.
001.jpg
Right off the bat lots of pepper even before i light it up. Its like someone rubbed chili pepper all over the cap. I lite it up and a really pronounced pepper blast to go along with a light woody floral leather taste. Taste like an Oliva O with lots of pepper and strong hints of cream.
003.jpg
As i continue smoking there is quite a bit of crackling and popping go on. I noticed a shit lot of stems peeking out the cut cap and i'm thinking that's what causing all the ruckus. The flavors have shifted and deepened to an extremely smooth wood, earth, and leather with lots of cream. The pepper and floral notes have almost completely disappeared. The burn is slightly wavy but is requiring zero touch ups. The body has remained at a nice medium while there is almost no strength. The finish is extremely clean and has become moderately long.
004.jpg
As i continue smoking the cigar becomes extremely well balanced and smooth. The flavors are quite nice but not overly complex. Lots of cream, wood, and leather with just an occasional hint of sweetness, cocoa, and dried fruit. The cigar reminds me strongly of the Jericho Hill but toned down. This is a great cigar for a newbie wanting to graduate to something with more body and flavor. Its extremely smooth with very little strength. I'd say that its a a low medium in terms of nicotine at best.

As i reach the 50 minute mark i start getting a little bit of milk chocolate while the major flavors darken to a rich coffee and leather with a hints of molasses. The body has increased just a tick to about a high medium while the strength remains at a low medium.

I end up tossing it at the 55 minute because the draw loosened up excessively and then went out on me for no reason at all. There was only slightly more than an inch and a half left so i didn't think it was worth knocking off all the ash and restarting since the flavors would just turn to shit.

Overall really enjoyable and after more than a year of aging its become even smoother than i remember. The amount of cream in this cigar surprised me because originally i never picked up much of it. The flavor profile has changed after a year its become less of a cocoa, wood, leather, earth to more of a wood, cream, leather, coffee. The flavors are much more balanced and smoother. I remember the newer cigars having a minor amount of bite while this aged sample there was zero harshness and even the retrohale was buttery smooth.

Here's the rest of the burn progression:
005.jpg 006.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I enjoyed several of these when i first got them and i was surprised that i still had one left after all this time. I found the 1-4 month old La Aroma's to be smooth, woody, peppery, with strong hints of earth and cocoa.

I've had this cigar sitting at the bottom of my 50 count humidor that i keep at ~70 Rh and 64-68 degrees Fahrenheit for slightly more than 13 months. Interestingly enough i must have planned to smoke this one back in the day because the cap was already precut. For the life of me i cannot remember what caused me postpone smoking it.
View attachment 90272
Right off the bat lots of pepper even before i light it up. Its like someone rubbed chili pepper all over the cap. I lite it up and a really pronounced pepper blast to go along with a light woody floral leather taste. Taste like an Oliva O with lots of pepper and strong hints of cream.
View attachment 90273
As i continue smoking there is quite a bit of crackling and popping go on. I noticed a shit lot of stems peeking out the cut cap and i'm thinking that's what causing all the ruckus. The flavors have shifted and deepened to an extremely smooth wood, earth, and leather with lots of cream. The pepper and floral notes have almost completely disappeared. The burn is slightly wavy but is requiring zero touch ups. The body has remained at a nice medium while there is almost no strength. The finish is extremely clean and has become moderately long.
View attachment 90274
As i continue smoking the cigar becomes extremely well balanced and smooth. The flavors are quite nice but not overly complex. Lots of cream, wood, and leather with just an occasional hint of sweetness, cocoa, and dried fruit. The cigar reminds me strongly of the Jericho Hill but toned down. This is a great cigar for a newbie wanting to graduate to something with more body and flavor. Its extremely smooth with very little strength. I'd say that its a a low medium in terms of nicotine at best.

As i reach the 50 minute mark i start getting a little bit of milk chocolate while the major flavors darken to a rich coffee and leather with a hints of molasses. The body has increased just a tick to about a high medium while the strength remains at a low medium.

I end up tossing it at the 55 minute because the draw loosened up excessively and then went out on me for no reason at all. There was only slightly more than an inch and a half left so i didn't think it was worth knocking off all the ash and restarting since the flavors would just turn to shit.

Overall really enjoyable and after more than a year of aging its become even smoother than i remember. The amount of cream in this cigar surprised me because originally i never picked up much of it. The flavor profile has changed after a year its become less of a cocoa, wood, leather, earth to more of a wood, cream, leather, coffee. The flavors are much more balanced and smoother. I remember the newer cigars having a minor amount of bite while this aged sample there was zero harshness and even the retrohale was buttery smooth.

View attachment 90275 View attachment 90276 View attachment 90277 View attachment 90278 View attachment 90279
Thes really come alive e after about eight months of rest. I describe it as smooth pepper.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice review! I have about 10 of the "standard". LADC robustos that have been in my humidor 2-3 years. I should pull one of those out--it's funny, I didn't set out to age them, but now the time has gone by and they haven't been smoked...so they're aged! Extra bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 71.4%
6   2   0

View attachment 90272
View attachment 90273
View attachment 90274

View attachment 90275 View attachment 90276 View attachment 90277 View attachment 90278 View attachment 90279
Great review. This is one of my favorite sticks. I bet I've smoked 3 boxes in total. I started buying them maybe in 2013 or so in 5 packs and I've found for me they are at their peak after a couple months rest in my humidor. The ones that lasted to the year mark or beyond seemed to lose that pepin character that I love. It's a fantastic cigar ROTT and doesn't need any age for my flavor profile. The blue and black label DPG'S however do great with a year on them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I pulled one of these out to smoke a few weeks ago (aged about 3 years) and had issues keeping it lit-- and that was after 2 days out of the humidor. YMMV. Flavor was great, though.

Ash