What's new

La Aurora 1495

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Size: Robusto (5" x 50)
Wrapper: Ecuadorian
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Dominican

Bought a sampler of La Aurora several months ago on CBid and as it was a warm afternoon, I decided to break out one of the 1495's. These are a very nice looking cigar - solidly rolled with an oily colorado wrapper. There were some noticeable veins, but generally a fairly smooth feel.

After clipping and lighting up I noticed that the draw was easy and smooth. Some slight resistance, but you don't need to work much to get lots of thick smoke. The initial inch of the cigar yielded a core of rich tobacco with some sweet and floral flavors. From there the floral taste dissipated and was replaced by some nice cedary flavors which lasted the rest of the smoke. Toward the mid point I was getting hints of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg .. and then toward the end I was getting the slight bitterness associated with coffee and dark chocolate. The burn was nice and even all the way down and the ash held up well. Overall a very enjoyable and complex tasting cigar that left me with a pleasant buzz.

I'd put this in the medium category for strength, flavor and body ... although the last third is more in the med-full range. These aren't cheap, but at $8 they are a decent value for this kind of quality. And you can get them as low as $6 /ea if you buy in box quantities or look for sales.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
nice review. so funny, i'm smoking my first one right now! i'll post a review later. I'll say I can agree on some points, but didn't pick up as much detail as you. I can just blame it on my newb palate. I'm fairly disappointed though.