What's new

La Aurora Barrel Aged Robusto

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It was unusally humid for the Central Valley this evening. So I decide, hey, let's light up a couple of Bug torches and sit out on the deck and enjoy a stick.

I rummage through my singles humi and pull out what I am hoping is a nice evening smoke. Having more than a couple to choose from, I select this awesome looking stick and head out.

The pre-light inspection reveals a dark wrapper that's decieving. A couple of veins and nary a soft spot. I sniff the foot and the hint of sweetness and tobacco and I am teeming with anticipation. I clip the head and the pre-light draw was medium and I am ready to partake.

Once I warm the foot, the light is a cinch. It was downhill from there.

What they bill as a "Full flavor, extremely complex stick, is the most one-dimensional stick I have had in quite some time. Not wanting to give up on this too soon, I smoke it for about an inch and still nothing. The only positive thing I can say is that the ash held on for a good long time.

I was sorely disappointed with this stick.

I cannot recommend this dog rocket to anyone.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
From what I can remember, the stick wasnt as bad as you put it... However, I did smoke one right out the box when they were first released. From what I have in my dossier, i got hints of cherry and spiced rum as well as notes of anis. on the other hand, as soon as that box ran out, I never purchased or smoked another one.... I think I have one in the depths of the humi!