What's new

La Caridad Del Cobre "El Buey" Maduro

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
This is the second of the boutique reviews on the cigars I picked up on my trip through Louisville. It's a cigar made by a small company called La Caridad Del Cobre, http://lcdccigars.wordpress.com/vitolas-especiales/ ,and the cigar I bought was the "El Buey" maduro which is a 6 x 52 toro with a Brazilian Arapiraca maduro wrapper. Again I new nothing about the cigar but bought it based on the recommendation of the shop owner who assured me it was a solid cigar that I would enjoy. With that here is the review.

La Caridad Del Cobre "El Buey" Maduro

Made in the Dominican Republic
Brazilian Arapiraca Wrapper
Dominican Binder
Dominican and Nicaraguan Fillers
$7.00
Smoke time was 1:20 minutes

This is a great looking cigar. Firm to the touch with no soft spots and a great looking deep brown wrapper with a very soft feel. Cap clipped easily causing no damage and the pre-light draw gave me strong flavors of sweet tobacco and raisin with almost no pepper.

Initial light-up starts with thick creamy smoke and the same sweet flavors as the pre-light. The finish is very long.

As I get to the middle of the cigar it starts a gradual change from the sweet flavors of tobacco and raisin to those of leather and earth. The draw and burn are perfect while the strength is a solid medium with very bold flavors.

The final third of the cigar again transitions from leather and earthy flavors to those of charred wood with hints of vanilla mixed in as well. In addition there is a hint of pepper and seems like the strength has picked up a bit as well.

Final thoughts on this cigar are all good. I don't know what I was expecting, but it certainly wasn't a cigar that was this good. Not only would I recommend this cigar but I will most definitely be looking to buy a box. I just hope I can find somewhere to pick one up locally???

Thanks for reading.

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Frank (who owns the brand) is a GREAT guy, and knows what he is doing with blends...one of the best boutique brands out there, IMHO...

BTW, you can buy them (and many other boutique brands) at Charmed Leaf...

Hope that helps!

~brooks

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
Thanks for the review Marty :thumbsup:. It's nice to hear about sticks that don't get much publicity.

Dan
Agreed. It was a great cigar Dan. I'm looking forward to trying some of their other smokes. The Javelin is a free rolled lancero that looks amazing. I think Brooks did a review of one on his site.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That band looks really familiar... are these the same guys that make the javeline?

Edit: Nm, I didn't see L8A's post right above Mark's.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
L8A, give a shout next time you come through town. I'm guessing you picked this up at Riverside over in Jeffersonville, IN.

The shop owner, Jeff, is a great guy and has a nice new shop.

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
L8A, give a shout next time you come through town. I'm guessing you picked this up at Riverside over in Jeffersonville, IN.

The shop owner, Jeff, is a great guy and has a nice new shop.
Will do. This was a quick in and out but your correct on Riverside. Jeff is a super guy and that was a fantastic shop he has.