What's new

La Corona

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I was gifted a '90 La Corona PC by cgar4me and it was a memorable stick I enjoyed a few weeks ago - pure aged honey with some slight pepper. Especially good for being a MM cigar.

I have a box from '91 and looking forward to more of the same. The bands are part black from which is assume is from the oils. Has anyone had these before and is it an now-discontinued stick that has been overlooked?

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
I can't give you my personal opinion until I see one and perhaps smoke it :smt040
Ya moocher! j/k Will you be at Ron's event today?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have smoked through a box of the 90's and was able to get my hands on another in a trade on CF. I think these were discontinued and if so it is ashamed. I was shocked that a machine made smoke could be that good.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I have 1 from 1990 but vipe said I wasn't allowed to smoke it while trout fishing last weekend. :smt102

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Is this one in cellophane?

I ask, b/c I have one from 1987 in cello,. but I don't know exactly what size it is.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
scottsins said:
Is this one in cellophane?

I ask, b/c I have one from 1987 in cello,. but I don't know exactly what size it is.
If I'm not mistaken, the second run of the La Corona brand were all in cello - machine made. According the MRN the original run is extremely rare. The PC's are 5 x 42 and have a slightly tapered head.

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Your description of the black ink running on the bands is a mirror of what is in my box of 1991s as well. Besides the oils from the cigars, there is also a breakdown in the ink composition of their "gold" ink which forms a black residue. Doesn't effect the smoking one bit - and these are a VERY tasty little smoke that can't be replaced as they are discontinued.