What's new

La Gloria Cubana Serie R #5 Natural

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had bought of 5 pack of the la gloria serie R #5 N about 9 months ago. I smoked four in about 2 months and they were all decent cigars that I really enjoyed. The 5th one sat in my humidor until yesterday. What a difference 9 months makes. This cigar was great! Draw was perfect, burn was even. I got a lot of different flavors from this cigar. Some leathery flavors at times, some Cocoa and Toast. The flavors were almost creamy - not a hint of harshness or bitterness.

I'll be ordering a box of these soon but I'll be letting them sit for a good while before I smoke them. This cigar was definitely much better after a little age.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Dan, I have smoked allot of LGC and I find letting them sit about 2 to 3, even six month, makes all the difference in the world, I have a few boxs resting now......mmmmmm

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I really like this cigar, but I don't like the maduro version, which I find to be unnecessarily bold, to the point of masking the rest off the flavors.

The Natural starts off with a peppery kick, but that dies down quickly and allows the woodsy/earthy flavors to really go crazy. Heck, this is probably the most "earthy" cigar I've had--sort of like a mildew/mushroom/dirt flavor, with just a hint of sweetness. I know that doesn't sound appealing, but it truly is.

I've been tempted to buy a box myself because they're quite cheap.

:waving:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dan, I have smoked allot of LGC and I find letting them sit about 2 to 3, even six month, makes all the difference in the world, I have a few boxs resting now......mmmmmm
I was shocked at the improvement. Nice to hear that someone else has experienced the change also.

bell-hop-boy

you know HIM?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love the series r #5 in maduroes.my all time favorite.have about 10 with a year of age on them.stopping myself from smoking them intill i buy another box once i make up some of that christmas money that that i spent.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I had one of these on Friday night. It wasn't bad at all. A very nutty flavor, with some leather and a little bit of earthiness. Lots of flavor, and a fun smoke without being unnecessarily strong.

I smoked it down to about 2", and handed it off to a buddy. It was my second cigar for the evening, and I was done (I'm a 1 cigar a night guy, typically)

All in all, a darn decent smoke, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to pick up another. I give it a solid 3 stars. (*****)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
These are a good smoke....for some reason I don't reach to them that often though..

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i have a box of the 5 and 6 maduro w/over two years on them.... beautiful smoke! shy'ed away due to the LARGE ring guage (60 is too much for me). haven't opened the 5's yet. hmmmmm, maybe an auction's in order...?

jeff

sascha

size does matter
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I should have reaqd that review first and keep it around for a while. This one was too much for me, too strong and spicy. I won't buy t again any time soon, but if I ever do, I'll age it for a long long time

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had one today at my B&M just because of this post and it truely amazed me. I never tried the N in this line and I was missing out. Thanks for the hint.