What's new

La Palina cigar ID

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Anyone familiar enough with La Palina cigars to identify this vitola?

It measures 6.5x42 and nothing in my inventory app's database matches it.

Also has a pigtail cap in case you can't tell in the picture.

Thanks,
Sean

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Here it is

Jose

Sent from my HD1910 using Tapatalk
That is the closest, but I'm 100% confident in my measurements that its 6.5x42.
The linked one is 6.75x43.

The Dalia was one of my guesses though

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the closest, but I'm 100% confident in my measurements that its 6.5x42.
The linked one is 6.75x43.

The Dalia was one of my guesses though

Well, the pigtail would suggest the dalia also, but as the measurements do not confirm it, I also have no idea what it could be.

Let's see more guesses

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, the pigtail would suggest the dalia also, but as the measurements do not confirm it, I also have no idea what it could be.

Let's see more guesses

Yeah, its very close to a Dalia, but it won't fit properly in the 43rg hole, it fits the 42 rg hole perfectly, and it also comes out to 42rg based on my caliper MM
measurement converted to rg

Its close enough that I suppose they could have made the size slightly off, don't know how likely that is.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" I suppose they could have made the size slightly off, don't know how likely that is."

hand rolling is not precise enough to insure perfection, so you will find some deviation.

the extra length is a surprise, perhaps this is a special size for a specific buyer.

you should keep better notes on what you get in the mail, it would be easy to ask the person who sent it to you, as this seems to be a recurring theme.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
" I suppose they could have made the size slightly off, don't know how likely that is."

hand rolling is not precise enough to insure perfection, so you will find some deviation.

the extra length is a surprise, perhaps this is a special size for a specific buyer.

you should keep better notes on what you get in the mail, it would be easy to ask the person who sent it to you, as this seems to be a recurring theme.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Exactly, it's close enough to have been the Dalia. Very minute differences from my measurements. Plus if they measured including the pigtail, the length would match very close

Yeah, I try and note who things came from but with my memory damage I often forget and once they are mixed in with my stash there's no way to know.

Got lots of big bombs full of singles , so too many different ones to remember.
Plus, sometimes the sender can't recall info on what they sent also, or have it misidentified. Have run into both issues multiple times

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Maybe it shrank a little as it sat and acclimated to a lower Rh?

I vote Goldie Dalia. One good way to solve the problem, smoke it! I bet you will like it.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe it shrank a little as it sat and acclimated to a lower Rh?

I vote Goldie Dalia. One good way to solve the problem, smoke it! I bet you will like it.
I did smoke it. The very predominant flavor was that musty, aged taste I get commonly with around 10 plus years old cigars. This one had passed its prime by a couple years I think unfortunately

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I bought a box when these came out in 2016 and still have a few left. I passed out a couple recently, but don't think I hit you. It was always a fairly mild cigar and not as good as previous incarnations. Mine measures 6.675", exactly 7" with the (pristine) pig tail and barely fits in the 42 ring gauge hole on the ends of the cigar. Seems like you most likely have the same cigar.
I decided to fire one up since its not getting any younger. I get that initial banana flavor that these were known for, but quickly fades in to the background, but still present. I smoke mostly medium to mild cigars and this one has some good, earthy, woody flavors with a touch of sweetness. Mild with no burn on the retrohale. Body is building as I smoke it. I'd call it mild/medium now.
This cigar is as good as it has ever been with more subtle banana flavor lurking in the background than I recall from previous cigars. I don't get any musty, over-aged flavor which makes me think your stick may have dried out a little at some point and I wouldn't expect in a 5 year old cigar. Maybe you do have something different, or just got a bad stick. Although, that pig tail cap is pretty indicative of the Goldie.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a box when these came out in 2016 and still have a few left. I passed out a couple recently, but don't think I hit you. It was always a fairly mild cigar and not as good as previous incarnations. Mine measures 6.675", exactly 7" with the (pristine) pig tail and barely fits in the 42 ring gauge hole on the ends of the cigar. Seems like you most likely have the same cigar.
I decided to fire one up since its not getting any younger. I get that initial banana flavor that these were known for, but quickly fades in to the background, but still present. I smoke mostly medium to mild cigars and this one has some good, earthy, woody flavors with a touch of sweetness. Mild with no burn on the retrohale. Body is building as I smoke it. I'd call it mild/medium now.
This cigar is as good as it has ever been with more subtle banana flavor lurking in the background than I recall from previous cigars. I don't get any musty, over-aged flavor which makes me think your stick may have dried out a little at some point and I wouldn't expect in a 5 year old cigar. Maybe you do have something different, or just got a bad stick. Although, that pig tail cap is pretty indicative of the Goldie.
I'm pretty confident it was the Goldie Dalia as that was closest to my measurements.

This is by far the youngest cigar I've gotten the musty and aged taste, and especially to the point that it's all I tasted.

No idea why. Seems like Something was definitely off with it