What's new

La Palina Classic Connecticut

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Robusto 5.0"x52

20181211_151411.jpg

Prelight:
When I smoked this I started the evening with this Conneticut, and moved through to the natural and Maduro I also have reviews of. First time out with La Palina for me. At the price point of $6.75 in my B&M I was a bit scared. But I found this cigar to have a very smooth wrapper, appears to have a solid build. Prelight the aroma from the foot is very delicate tobacco. I decided to try a crown cut (thank you instagram lol, ease of cutting with v cut, draw of guillotine). Prelight draw didnt have a ton going on. I toasted it up with my quad torch, purged it, then got to puffing.

20181211_151416.jpg

1st Third:
As I worked my way through the first third I found myself finding notes of leather fairly frequently, although this is a very delicate light smoke out of this Conneticut. I also found myself picking up some light notes of nuttiness and a hint of straw. Burn was ok, got a bit wonky but nothing I need to touch up yet. So far at this point I was quit happy with this connie.

2nd Third:
The second third saw some fairly interesting changes in flavor. I started getting a cinnamon type level of spice lingering on my palate. I also found some cedar tones on retro and the leather from the first third is slowly fading away. The slight burn wobble has corrected itself and is burning like a champ.

Final Third:
This final third of this cigar didnt find terribly much change from the middle, but the spies because slightly more prominent along with notes of cedar. Occasionally I found myself getting a pleasant floral note between admiring how well behaved the burn had become after my initial worry.

Final Thoughts:
This is a very mild breakfast cigar, its complicated enough to keep me interested in a connie, if you are going to have multiple cigars though start with this one, I cant imagine being able to get much from this after having a heavy hitter.

Smoke time 1hr 10 min

Adding a tag to @Cigar Czar as he wanted to see this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brother for that review. Will check them out.
Robusto 5.0"x52

View attachment 128056

Prelight:
When I smoked this I started the evening with this Conneticut, and moved through to the natural and Maduro I also have reviews of. First time out with La Palina for me. At the price point of $6.75 in my B&M I was a bit scared. But I found this cigar to have a very smooth wrapper, appears to have a solid build. Prelight the aroma from the foot is very delicate tobacco. I decided to try a crown cut (thank you instagram lol, ease of cutting with v cut, draw of guillotine). Prelight draw didnt have a ton going on. I toasted it up with my quad torch, purged it, then got to puffing.

View attachment 128057

1st Third:
As I worked my way through the first third I found myself finding notes of leather fairly frequently, although this is a very delicate light smoke out of this Conneticut. I also found myself picking up some light notes of nuttiness and a hint of straw. Burn was ok, got a bit wonky but nothing I need to touch up yet. So far at this point I was quit happy with this connie.

2nd Third:
The second third saw some fairly interesting changes in flavor. I started getting a cinnamon type level of spice lingering on my palate. I also found some cedar tones on retro and the leather from the first third is slowly fading away. The slight burn wobble has corrected itself and is burning like a champ.

Final Third:
This final third of this cigar didnt find terribly much change from the middle, but the spies because slightly more prominent along with notes of cedar. Occasionally I found myself getting a pleasant floral note between admiring how well behaved the burn had become after my initial worry.

Final Thoughts:
This is a very mild breakfast cigar, its complicated enough to keep me interested in a connie, if you are going to have multiple cigars though start with this one, I cant imagine being able to get much from this after having a heavy hitter.

Smoke time 1hr 10 min

Adding a tag to @Cigar Czar as he wanted to see this.

Thanks Brother, that was a great review. Will check them out.