What's new

La Palina Classic Maduro

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
La Palina Classic Maduro
Robusto 5.0"x52

20181211_183357.jpg

Prelight:
This was the third in the classic line I had that day, I have a Rosado to review also but I have not had a chance yet. This again continues to impress me in quality, or perceived quality, very consistent firmness from foot to cap, beautifully smooth, dark, oily wrapper. Decided to go with the crown cut again because, well, why not? Prelight draw had the classic Maduro sweetness.

1st Third:
First third was delicious, I found myself experiencing a deep nutty flavor with just a slight backbone of sweetness. I am very excited to find my way to the end of this cigar. Fantastic burn so far also. Which I really appreciate because it just makes life easier.

2nd Third:
I found a continued deep nuttiness in the ample smoke of this cigar. Although continued it is still different than the first third. About the half way point I found some noted of leather coming forward
Continued nuttiness and leather comes forward. Again, continued excellent burn.

Final Third:
In this final third I find the flavors have come way around, I am now getting cedar on every draw with a residual flavor of coffee acidity between puffs. Which paired with a dragons milk is phenomenal.

Final Thoughts:
Very happy with all three of the La Palina Classic Cigars I've had so far. I'll write a review for the Rosado when I get around to smoking it. This Maduro is a good solid smoking cigar, not overly complicated. But at the right price this is a fantastic cigar for the money.