What's new

La Palina Classic Natural

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
La Palina Classic Natural
Robusto 5.0"x50

20181211_163141.jpg

Prelight:
Second in the Classic line the day I had these. I found this natural to be very smooth and well constructed. The wrapper is almost inexplicably velvety. I decided to go with a simple guillotine cut on this one. Nice open draw. Being it's a natural, the prelight draw was just that. Very natural tobacco flavor. Not sure the last natural wrappered cigar was I had, and I enjoyed the connie quite a bit so I was very much looking forward to smoking this.

1st Third:
Good amount of smoke production right off of the bat. Solid burn line, holds ash well. I found the flavors to have an overall nuttiness with a lingering cream type flavor on my palate between draws.

2nd Third:
As I round first with my eyes on second I start finding a smidge of cedar, a small pleasant amount. The nuttiness has rounded out into an earthy walnut flavor which is very tasty. All I can think is that this is what a natural cigar should taste like. Through and through. Between puffs I find a lingering bit of cream flavor.

3rd Third:
As I round home the cedar because the star of the show with supporting roles from a touch of pepper, hint of cream, and wouldnt you know it, leather.

Final Thoughts:
To say it's a natural and that it fits the bill is an understatement in my opinion. While it is easy to just smoke it, accept it has a natural flavor and move on I think doesnt do this cigar justice. The fact that this is a great natural makes it a perfect first cigar for someone because it creates a frame of reference for moving to all of the different wrapper choices, etc out there. Had a razor sharp burn through and through.

Right at an hour smoke.