What's new

La Palina Goldie Toro 2017

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I've searched the forum and read several posts on the previous releases and they seem to be well enjoyed. I've not had any of the goldies but I've really enjoyed the TAA 16 release along with the Illumination line. I guess my question is for those that have experience with this release would be, are you buying again at the current price (around $200) because there is no way you're missing out or is it a pass??

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pass. They're really good but $200/box is ridiculous. It's cool that Maria Sierra rolles them exclusively but I wouldn't buy a whole box. Worth buying a few though.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Goldie's are now @5 years in - Consistent thing of impeccable beauty.
caveat is my experience was with prolly OR material.
most impressed with tons of the lighter spectrum aged cc notes through and throughout .
that said , the premium linea is only worthwhile for a spell
Buy

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I purchased the Dalia last year, it was $180ish for a box IIRC. The retail on the new box is $220, I will not be buying.

Great cigars, but worth $18+ each? No.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I purchased the Dalia last year, it was $180ish for a box IIRC. The retail on the new box is $220, I will not be buying.

Great cigars, but worth $18+ each? No.
Tampa Humidor has them right now at $189. Use code JULY10 (until Saturday I belive), and brings it down to $170 shipped... Cheaper than you purchased the Dalia's for :)

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Tampa Humidor has them right now at $189. Use code JULY10 (until Saturday I belive), and brings it down to $170 shipped... Cheaper than you purchased the Dalia's for :)
Still not worth it at that price, imho. I know a guy who can get em cheaper than that even, but still just can't see spending the money when at that price I can buy a box of Boli Libs or LGC Inmensos.

A comfortable price point on the goldie line would be $130ish, maybe $140 if it was a vitola I was a huge fan of. Anything past that seems quite excessive. Great cigars, but really hard to justify at that price with so much else out there.
La Palina is the brand of both the Illumination and the Goldie lines.
I'd imagine he meant vendors.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Still not worth it at that price, imho. I know a guy who can get em cheaper than that even, but still just can't see spending the money when at that price I can buy a box of Boli Libs or LGC Inmensos.

A comfortable price point on the goldie line would be $130ish, maybe $140 if it was a vitola I was a huge fan of. Anything past that seems quite excessive. Great cigars, but really hard to justify at that price with so much else out there.

I'd imagine he meant vendors.
I hear you. I'm not going to bite at that price either. Rather grab a box of Padron 90yr or 85yr myself, for around $20 cheaper than the Goldies

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I see Tampa has them, I'll prob buy a single or two.

Do you guys think they'll be around for a while (in all shops) or they'll sell out fast?

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yeah I see Tampa has them, I'll prob buy a single or two.

Do you guys think they'll be around for a while (in all shops) or they'll sell out fast?
Can never tell with something like this, but I'd be surprised if you were hard pressed to find em in a month or so. Last year's Dalias hung around.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can never tell with something like this, but I'd be surprised if you were hard pressed to find em in a month or so. Last year's Dalias hung around.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I just got some dalias recently.

Which goldies have you guys had, and which do you like best? I've only had the laguito especial and thought it was a great cigar. I'll smoke the dalia soon. I was trying to get my hands on some of the older ones and seems like they're not around anywhere.

memphsdad

Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I just got some dalias recently.

Which goldies have you guys had, and which do you like best? I've only had the laguito especial and thought it was a great cigar. I'll smoke the dalia soon. I was trying to get my hands on some of the older ones and seems like they're not around anywhere.
I've only had the Dalia. I've been told that it's not as good as the few that came before it, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it.