What's new

La Puntilla Review

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

La Puntilla
6x40
Custom Roll

This is a stunning petite lancero with a closed foot. Expertly rolled and completely smooth. The wrapper is light brown in color with a touch of red to it. The wrapper feels like crushed velvet.

1st third: Once lit, and the closed foot burnt through, the draw is good. Just the right tug of resistance. A smooth puff easily produces a good amount of silky smoke. This is pretty fresh. I received it a couple weeks ago from someone who just got back with it from Cuba. Understandably there is some ammonia at the start, but it calms down fairly quickly. The dominant flavors are of leather, bread, and wood. There is some underlying strength here. I would judge it to be medium/full in body.

2nd third: The flavors don’t really change through the first two thirds. These cigars are a custom blend commissioned by the owner of a well known Australian cigar forum, and produced by Alex the roller at the Commodore Hotel in Havana.

Final third: As the cigar enters its final stage, a mild amount of sweetness come through, as well as some spiciness. Finally, just tobacco flavors. Not in a bad way, just nothing dynamic.

Smoke time: 1h 58m

Final thoughts: This was an enjoyable smoke, it just didn’t blow me away. There has been a lot of hype around this cigar, so maybe I was expecting more. The construction was on par with the best ones I’ve seen, but flavorwise it just wasn’t very complex. It is still very young, and perhaps with some more age it will shine. I’ll check in again in a few months

Final score: 87

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 and want to get more time down on them,6 months now. I’m looking forward to their release they will sell through the forum.
Great review.