What's new

La Tradicion Cubana Cigar Review

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
La Tradicion Cubana Cigar Review

La Tradicion Cubana cigars are produced by La Tradicion Cubana Inc, founded by Luis Sanchez in 1995. His family has nearly a century of experience in the cigar industry. The La Gloria Cubana has Nicaraguan and Dominican Filler, a Honduran binder and a beautiful if fragile Ecuadorian wrapper. I had the chance to smoke both the robusto and the torpedo recently, actually just finishing the Torpedo prior to writing this. The cigars range in price from $80 to $100 a box.

The cigars were both well constructed, the wrapper felt fragile but actually held up very well. I did not have any trouble with it ripping while cutting it or removing the band. The burn was even and smooth not requiring any touch up with an ash that hung on for dear life needing a solid before becoming dislodged.

The smoke had a sweeter cedar like aroma which was stronger in the torpedo, no doubt from the cedar sleeve it ships in. The cigar starts with a earthy leather base, topped with spiced almond and vanilla cream making for a very smooth smoke that leaves your mouth tingling from the spices. The spiciness leans towards the sweeter spices like cinnamon, ginger, licorice and clove. I think the spiciness came more from the wrapper giving the robusto a bit more spice while the torpedo started out a bit mellow but really kicked up in the last third of the cigar.

This cigar has a very Cubanesque flavor profile I don’t know if it delivers the “Twang” that cigar aficionados crave so badly in Cuban cigars, but you really won’t be disappointed. The robusto lasted me 45 minutes and the torpedo around 90 minutes and these two cigars you will not put down until you can’t possibly take one last draw off it. Rating 9.5 out of 10.

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yeah, I'm definitely going to pick up a box. I got three as freebies from my sponsor to review and he was right I'm hooked. He says he can't keep them in stock because he smokes them all himself.

I've got one torpedo left and I'm debating if I should give it to someone else or horde it for myself. :rofl:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I checked the site and sent an email, (mentioning your site as well Jack) response:

I'm going to be posting 5 packs this afternoon and redoing some pricing.. I'll send you an email as soon as they are up. I'll go ahead and cancel this order.

This email gets sent automatically. Thank you.

CWS wrote:
> I thought I was registering for your site versus buying. I was
> referred by Cigar Jack's website. I was hoping you were selling
> fivers so I could try this cigar.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Miguel Gonzalez
> Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 6:23 AM
> To: CWS
> Subject: Re: New order in your store!, order: #2001802
>
> Thank you for your recent interest in Camino Viejo Tabacos. I noticed
> that you did not complete your payment the order below.
>
> If you are still interested in this purchase, please click the link
> below to login to your account.
>