What's new

La Vieja Brazilian Maduro Chateau

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Not in a while... I hate using this phrase, but they're "not bad for the price." It's not one of those "smokes way above it's paygrade" smokes, it's exactly what it intends to be, a bargain-basement-priced maduro.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some of the LVH CT's from 2 years ago I enjoyed, so I picked up a box on cbid for $1.55/stick and have been happy with the maduro version as well. Especially for the price. I've only had 1 so far. It was pretty mild overall with some bitter notes right at the beginning. It's supposed to be a medium strength stick, but there's no way I would call it that strong at all. Mild-to-maybe-medium. It burned well RoTT and I caught the occasional flavors of pepper and general spicy notes. Overall I liked it, and at under $2/stick I *really* liked it. I would be happy to hand these out to buddies who want a smoke, but aren't very sophisticated in cigars; and I would happily smoke one right alongside them.

IMG_9764.JPG

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I've only had the maduro. Agrre that it is a nice budget smoke, as long as you understand what you're getting. It is a mixed filler cigar with a lower grade wrapper leaf. They can regularly be found on Cbid for less than $30/box. I was lucky to get a box a couple years ago for $16.