What's new

Labeling Cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question for you all.

After getting my Vinotemp all set up, I had to fill her up. I got quite a few cigars now but was wondering, what do you all use to "date" your cigars.

I'd like to start aging a portion of what I buy but don't want to ruin a nice looking cigar band. I used a perm marker on the cellophane on top of the same area where the band was. Is there an easier, better looking way to do it? Is this what the blank cigar bands are for?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Boppa-Wasch and I think Todd write the date and intials on the cap. I thought it was werid at first but it works very well. No damage easy ident.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Boppa-Wasch and I think Todd write the date and intials on the cap. I thought it was werid at first but it works very well. No damage easy ident.
Chuck, I'm right with ya. A very fine sharpie and you can write on the cigar cap itself.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I use my Brother label maker. It makes a band I put at the foot, and I can read it. The blank bands work fine too, except I can't read my own writing sometimes.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I use the blank bands from sponsor site and then on my PC I print small 35mm slide labels with the cigars name / date. Also add who they came from if it's been gifted.

I slide it down to the foot to give that part of the cigar a little extra protection. If in cello, I just put the label on the back.

I try to do this for any singles coming in the door, but I sometimes get lazy!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I used to label my cigars, then I got lazy and just started smoking them.

I used some labels a guy on CW was selling.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I use the blank labels for the naked sticks and small Avery labels for the ones in cello. If I have a lot of sticks to label I print out the labels on the computer, but if there are only a few I hand write the info.

The info that I keep is where I got the stick (gifted then from whom) and when. If it's an NC, then I use the purchase date. If it's a CC, then I use the best info I have, box code if known, if not, then the date I received it.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I use my Brother label maker. It makes a band I put at the foot, and I can read it. The blank bands work fine too, except I can't read my own writing sometimes.
Same here, also if it is a box full of cigars I just put the date on the bottom of the box.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So who are the sponsors and how do i contact them? I'd like to start doing this.

I keep telling myself "ill remember when i got them in 5 eyars." But i'm strating to think i won't.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
you organized bastids! I need to do this with my new smokes. I only ever mark CC's that get sent out as singles to people, or stuff I get in as splits. Some of my singles, I have no idea where they came from or when I got them.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For stuff I want to age I use small colored dot stickers that you can get at staples, etc. Take a index card and assign each year a colored dot. Place the dot on the band, celo, etc. You can even write the month of purchase in the center of the dot with a pen. I keep the index card in my humidor so it doesn't get lost.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I also use the blank bands for naked cigars along with a address label. (I have poor hand writing) and just the label for the ones in cello. I do like to know when bought the sticks, age, who gifted them to me and the rating of the stick. Its a nice clean and easy way to keep track.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Yep, use the cap.....when it's gone....it's gone and it doesn't mess up the stick. The Avery address labe work's great for putting the name on the cigar.